“Ditto on Decent Clean Place to Stay”
Review of Marguerite Motel

Marguerite Motel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Massachusetts
“Ditto on Decent Clean Place to Stay”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I must be getting older because I still can't believe that we have to pay almost $200 a night for an ok place to sleep in Hampton Beach. Marguerite proved to be a well run motel with enough rules in place to keep it family-friendly. The room was outdated but clean and well-maintained. The flat screenTV and cable was new but slightly challenging to figure out how to use.

Lack of WiFi and a hospitality area (aka cup of coffee!) erked me due to the rate of the room.

Overall, it's a decent place to stay with a good location (one block from the beach and boardwalk). I think for the money I'll try other places that offer a beach view and a cup of coffee in the morning but I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if I needed to.

Room Tip: Higher floors feel secure but remember - no elevators in Hampton:)
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here this past weekend for the Seafood Festival. I would definitely go back again. The room was clean. Everyone there was friendly. It was quiet at night. Nice pool. Within walking distance of the main drag (Ocean Blvd.). The people that work there were always cleaning up, sweeping, emptying the trash. I can't believe that anyone said anything negative about this place. It was a relaxing weekend. I will be back next year!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank cherylcassidy05
taft71
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at the Marguerite Motel in Hampton Beach. We had made reservations at the last minute since we had heard negative things about the Regal Inn where we had made our original reservations. Anyway, we were greeted in a friendly manner upon our arrival and our room was very clean and well kept. We were extremely happy with the accommodations. The Marguerite Motel is about a block from the beach which was very important to us. Walking back and forth to the Seafood Festival was a breeze. The room was cleaned bright and early in the morning. We would definitely stay at the Marguerite Motel again. The only small negative was the lack of many television channels but not much an issue.

Room Tip: If you have alot of luggage make sure your room is on the first floor which is really the second fl...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Went with family and stayed in the room with two beds and one seperate room with a queen bed. The room was clean and they offered daily housekeeping services. Close to the beach, good parking and a calm location. I would recommend it if you are looking for a clean motel near the beach for a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rdelgado1
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Marguerite motel. The room was clean enough, interior design was obviously not a key feature but was average for the area. I enjoyed the easy parking, proximity of everything, the calm location and access to water hose to rince surfboards and gear.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo