“Should rich people sleep better?”

Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Glen B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Should rich people sleep better?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2011

We got the last room available on busy Columbus weekend and unfortunately that was the Freedom Village room . We were prepared for the smallest room on the 3rd floor , but not for a bed that sunk in the middle. Photos also did not show the slanting ceiling that threatened to bump our heads.
Besides that, the place is beautiful, staff is kind and helpful and breakfast is rich.
We managed to extend our stay in the North Conway room (1st floor) which was bigger and more expensive, and - had a good matrass.
We wondered - if you book the small (cheaper) room, are you getting punished with a bad matress?

Room Tip: Don't book the smaller rooms Try to get a room that does not face the road
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MB_Rehovot
MelissaLeonard, General Manager at Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 October 2011
We are so very sorry to hear that you found our mattress to be uncomfortable. I can assure you that all of our mattresses are Simmons Beautyrest and are only 14 months old. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention as we will definitely address the issue. The Freedom Village room is a smaller room on the third floor and has a sloped ceiling due to the angle of the roofline. I again apologize if you were uncomfortable, but am happy that we are able to offer The Freedom Village room at a reduced rate to our guests. We think it is important for people of all economic backgrounds to be able to stay at our inn.....Some people find this room to be a treasure as you receive all the benefits that the Inn has to offer. We were very pleased to hear that you extended your stay with us and hope you will stay with us again in the future. We take all reviews very seriously as we take pride in our work.....this is our home and your comfort and satisfaction is our top priority.

Best,
Len and Melissa
Innkeepers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Glen is located just north of Conway which is full of comercial strip malls and touristy activity. The Bernerhof gracefully sits off the road and is a beautiful house. Upon my arrival, Leonard was a very gracious host. He checked me in, helped me unload my luggage and escorted me to my room. He also lent me an Ipad for my enjoyment, not to mention that there were Macs on every floor for your use. He told me he used to be a baker, and his level of expertise showed. He had delicous hot apple cider and a variety of cakes, including fresh made apple cider donuts for us to enjoy in the afternoon. There was also a variety of teas with your own individual tea pot if you so desired. Next he led us to the bar area, a warm and cozy area. There were a variety of cold beers and several bottles of wine. He said he didn't have a bartender, so if you had a beverage just to let him know. I had reserved the Intervale room, which was lovely. The room was clean, the linens wonderful. I slept like a baby. Breakfast was excellent!! In the bar area I was greeted with the aroma of fresh coffee. You helped yourself to coffee, juice, fresh fruit that was excellent. Before I could finish my fruit a piping hot full breakfast was laid before me. Scrambled eggs, pumpkin pancakes with maple butter and bacon. Not only can Leonard bake...he can cook too!! My stay at the Bernerhof exceeded my expectations on all levels and is highly recommended. I will be back one day for another apple cider donut!! :)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank FloridaSpy007gal
Cranleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

We stayed two nights and thoroughly enjoyed this delightful Bed and Breakfast. Our room was The Intervale and was absolutely as described on the website - beautiful in all respects, spotlessly clean and immaculately presented .
Breakfast caught us out on the first morning as we were so impressed by the buffet that we were somewhat surprised when, soon after sitting down, a fair-sized cooked breakfast appeared before us! Still, it set us up for a day of wondrous sightseeing.
Len, apart from providing us with a very warm welcome, is also a bit of a techie as there is a MacBook in public space on each floor level and iPad(s) for loan - a very welcome facility after almost one month on the road.
The Red Parka provided good hearty evening meals, good value too if you remembered to ask for the 10% Seniors discount!
Although we were told on check-in that the Intervale was the quietest room in the house we did experience some early morning traffic noise - cause by roadmending trucks repairing the highway damage caused by Irene.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BazCranleigh
Clane, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

My wife and I had a strange experience in this B & B, we stopped in for 2 nights in May on a driving trip around New England and happened to be the only ones staying in the place.

We kind of got the impression the owners were sorry they hadnt closed the place for the month and gone on holidays themselves.

On a bad note the breakfast wasnt to our liking, way too sweet and stodgy, but besides this the B & B is beautiful. We were upgraded to their best room on arrival, no extra charge, and given the use of an ipad for our stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Comfortjunkie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Had a wonderful time at this bed and breakfast! Was more then advertised!! The breakfast was far beyond the typical continental fare, rooms had all the amenties and comfort you could ask for! Most new hampshire activities are in a short driving distance in beautiful new england scenery! Great stay, highly recommended to anyone!

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Radorsr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen
5.2 km away
3.8 km away
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#5 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!