“Yummy huge portions!!”
Review of Sawyers Dairy Bar

Sawyers Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Gilford
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Sawyers is a quick service restaurant specializing in Seafood. Known for its Lobster Rolls, Fried Clams, Scallops and Haddock it is equally known for its super premium ice creams made on premises. Sawyers has been operating continuously in the same location for 75 years. Truly a piece of Americana!
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped by for ice cream and were pleasantly surprised by the HUGE portions and yummy ice cream. Cute family owned place. Recommend for a cute memory for families.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

This ice cream was fresh and delicious. A wide range of flavors to chose from. Reasonably priced and big scoops! The servers were friendly too.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

The best lobster roll ever. They are not cheap but they are worth it for a treat once a year! Their clam strips are amazing too, not greasy! We stop here for these treats for a special occasion.

My only issue is the untrained unmotivated staff who work the registers. I give a girl my order and I know it is incorrect, based on the amount of money I they asked me for. I repeated the order back to the girl and she still typed it in wrong. Then I asked her to cancel it and we could start over. My order was simple, Clam strip basket and two large lobster rolls. It took 4 times to get this right and in the end we almost go the wrong order because she sent all of them back to the kitchen. You could tell she didn't want to be there.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Went to Sawyers on Friday night with my family. My wife and I each ordered the Haddock sandwich, the kids ordered chicken tenders. upon the first bite the fish taste was over powering. So much so that we couldn't finish them. The chicken tenders were fine, but nothing special. Went outside and decided to get ice cream. They were of of sherbet. Really on a Friday night during the summer and you're running out of ice cream? My wife got the chocolate mint ice cream, which tasted like vanilla. My coffee ice cream was fine. Never planning on coming here again which is unfortunate since my wife and I go to concerts at Meadow Brooke several times a year and it's just down the street.

2  Thank denduq2
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Stopped here on a camping trip as it was doing a brisk business. Glad we stopped. I had a green pepper burger and wife a chicken salad roll, both very good. Owner Larry and wife run the place and he stopped a spent a long time talking with us at the table. Ice cream is a specialty which is run on the other half of the restaurant. Only open spring and summer. Would definitely visit again.

Been to Sawyers Dairy Bar? Share your experiences!