We stayed at the Hillwinds Lodge simply because we needed a room for several nights while we assisted our son with his chemotherapy treatments. Upon hearing of our need, the owner provided us with a generous discount, added a microwave to the unit, and generally treated us in a first class manner. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable, and we could see our son's kitchen window from the Lodge. The water had plenty of pressure, the shower was hot with a plentiful supply of water coming from the faucet. The towels were changed frequently and the beds were made daily (even if we made them first). It is not the newest venue in town, but my son says it is the best. I agree with him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional New England family-owned and operated motel featuring clean, comfortable, affordable and friendly lodging in the White Mountain region of New Hampshire. Located on the banks of the tranquil Gale River, Hillwinds is located near all major seasonal attractions and is only three miles from Cannon Mountain and the Franconia Notch State Park, home of the Flume Gorge and great hilking opportunities. Rates include complimentary continental breakfast, in-room coffee and fridge, free wi-fi, and guest computer and lending library. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Hillwinds Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillwinds Hotel Franconia
- Hillwinds Lodge Franconia, NH - White Mountains