“excellent variety of soup and sandwiches”

Green Bean On Water
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 25 November 2016

I've never been disappointed here. Especially recommend the turkey w/ cranberry sandwich. Pick a favorite bread and they probably have it. Plenty of vegetarian choices and the soups are filling with or without a sandwich. Prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

What a find! Met an old friend here. Started in the 'courtyard' in front which is a very pleasant setting. Moved inside to eat. Seemed like I wrote the menu - just about everything offered was something I would love. Means I will go back many times. Had the meatloaf sandwich - very good. Did not have soup, but we were treated to a couple of samples - OMG were they good. Try tomato parmesan. Staff were very pleasant as well. Nice setting too looking out on to the Exeter River in back. So popular you might have to wait for a table.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

I have been several times a year to Green Bean but my favorite is in the Fall to get a delicious bowl of homemade soup!!

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Stopped here for lunch with my mother. Had the "Thanksgiving" sandwich or that's what I think it was called. Very flavorful and filling. Staff was very nice and it was pretty steady with customer traffic. Keep up the great work.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Best place in town for soup salad and sandwiches. Came here on a Saturday with 5 other girls and had pumpkin soup and the turkey cranberry and stuffing half sandwich (my favorite). Oh yeah and had a yummy double brown beer to boot. Nice vibe and view of the newly removed dam and stream channel. Check it out.

Been to Green Bean On Water? Share your experiences!