All reviews cookies new england epoch restaurant turn down service standard queen modern amenities an older building front street small room bed was comfortable on site restaurant sitting room first floor stayed for one night guest rooms business trip fitness center
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Spent 1 night on a romantic retreat. Room was small but very nice. The main lobby was lovely and there was a nice sitting area outside with a gazebo. I would like to return in the future and actually walk around the hotel to see the architecture because what I saw was beautiful.
There is a bar and restaurant onsite also.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tom_hotelier, General Manager at Exeter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Dear Melissa R,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We can't thank you enough for choosing The Exeter Inn and Epoch Restaurant & Bar!

Please let us know the next time you would like to visit, and it will be our pleasure to assist you!

Best Regards,

Thomas DeSisto

Reviewed 31 May 2016

Very charming Inn located right in the center of Exeter. Had the feeling of an old school house. Rooms were nice, bathrooms were very modern and updated. Tea and cookies available at the front desk when you check-in. Would definitely come back.

Room tip: Some rooms have a bathroom that is across the hall instead of in the room. Make sure to check your room has in ensuite bathroom.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jeff S, General Manager at Exeter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

Dear Phoebe P,

Thank you for your comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Exeter Inn soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Very nice inn although small. Bar was only open until 11:30 so when we came in from movie everything was closing down. Bathrobes and slippers are provided along with turn down service. When we arrived the person who would be taking care of us, brought up a few cookies (delicious). Bathroom is very small, didn't have shower door and no fan in bathroom so everything kinda got splashed and felt damp. We only stayed one night although booked for 3. The Internet/wifi had problems starting the night we got there until check out. Lindt chocolates at front desk, and there were refreshments later in day. Coffee in a.m. It was an inn, and I realize they are different than hotels, but I felt like for $160 per night there should have been a little more to it. They gave us no issues checking out early which was a pleasant surprise. Staff was wonderful. Bed very comfy. Nice town with neat little shops and venues.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Lorri1976,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We delight in the positive comments of your stay but are equally disappointed that we did not create the noteworthy experience we strive to deliver, which perhaps caused you to check out early. I sincerely apologize for the wifi issue it has since been fixed but I understand how that can be frustrating.

Again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

In my culture there is a saying “you put your foot in that one” meaning the dish left you happy and satisfied. That is how I felt staying at the Exeter Inn. I wished I had booked two days instead of one

The old and new integrated well which gave it a feeling of warmth and comfortability. We had the European Room, small but comfortable with the 1930’s bathroom and shower. Sleeping on the bed gave me a most restful sleep.

From the minute we walked into the lobby of the Inn, we were greeted as if we were old friends coming to pay a visit. The Restaurant and bar inside the Inn, professional staff, very attentive to our needs without getting on your nerves. Reasonable prices and delicious food. Breakfast the next day was an added bonus. We had Bonnie wait on us. Great conversation and service.

Yes, Exeter Inn “put their foot in their hospitality” and when I’m in Exeter again – I will be staying there.

Room tip: Call ahead to ask the size of the room, especially if you have claustrophobia.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Woventales,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience and a little of your culture with us. We appreciate the glowing review and I am delighted that your stay with us was so pleasurable. I am equally glad that you had the time to dine in epoch our restaurant and found the service to be attentive and the food delicious, I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

Again, we thank you for staying with us, for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

In NH for a sports tournament and was looking for nice inn for a single overnight instead of staying at one of the big chain "three stars" ... Exeter Inn was fine alternative ... Good restaurant with room service. Room was fine but small ... Like staying at Grandma's - tidy, clean enough, but worn and not well lit. Staff was nice and friendly. Overall, I'd say the room rate is a bit pricey for the quality.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jeff S, General Manager at Exeter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear Ellen M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We appreciate the time you took and the information we get from guests like yourself is invaluable. We are delighted with the nice comments about our staff and food, but disappointed that we did not create the noteworthy experience we strive to deliver during your stay with us.
Again, we thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.