All reviews cookies new england epoch restaurant turn down service conference room an older building front street modern amenities chain hotels sized bed small refrigerator sitting room first floor family wedding stayed for one night hotel restaurant beds were comfortable
Reviewed 30 May 2016

In my culture there is a saying “you put your foot in that one” meaning the dish left you happy and satisfied. That is how I felt staying at the Exeter Inn. I wished I had booked two days instead of one

The old and new integrated well which gave it a feeling of warmth and comfortability. We had the European Room, small but comfortable with the 1930’s bathroom and shower. Sleeping on the bed gave me a most restful sleep.

From the minute we walked into the lobby of the Inn, we were greeted as if we were old friends coming to pay a visit. The Restaurant and bar inside the Inn, professional staff, very attentive to our needs without getting on your nerves. Reasonable prices and delicious food. Breakfast the next day was an added bonus. We had Bonnie wait on us. Great conversation and service.

Yes, Exeter Inn “put their foot in their hospitality” and when I’m in Exeter again – I will be staying there.

Room Tip: Call ahead to ask the size of the room, especially if you have claustrophobia.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Exeter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2016

Dear Woventales,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience and a little of your culture with us. We appreciate the glowing review and I am delighted that your stay with us was so pleasurable. I am equally glad that you had the time to dine in epoch our restaurant and found the service to be attentive and the food delicious, I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

Again, we thank you for staying with us, for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

My Best,

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

In NH for a sports tournament and was looking for nice inn for a single overnight instead of staying at one of the big chain "three stars" ... Exeter Inn was fine alternative ... Good restaurant with room service. Room was fine but small ... Like staying at Grandma's - tidy, clean enough, but worn and not well lit. Staff was nice and friendly. Overall, I'd say the room rate is a bit pricey for the quality.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Jeff S, General Manager at Exeter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2016

Dear Ellen M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We appreciate the time you took and the information we get from guests like yourself is invaluable. We are delighted with the nice comments about our staff and food, but disappointed that we did not create the noteworthy experience we strive to deliver during your stay with us.
Again, we thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

My Best,

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Exeter Inn while visiting PEA - the location can't be beat! Large room (king with sofa bed) and a nice updated bathroom. Breakfast at Epoch was great the following morning. Desk clerk was pleasant and helpful, and the cookies at turndown were a nice touch. Would recommend.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Jeff S, General Manager at Exeter Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Dear TahoeBeachLover,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We appreciate the time you took and the information we get from guests like yourself is invaluable. I am delighted that your stay with us was so pleasurable. Comments like yours are the pinnacle of success for us and source of great pride. This is what we work so hard for and strive to achieve every day.
I will be certain to pass on your review to all of our Associates. I know they will be very pleased. This is the kind of positive reinforcement that makes it all worthwhile and helps keep us focused on service excellence.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

An old historic hotel next to the Exeter campus. Overall a very nice bathroom and a quiet room. I was off-put by the very small room and the virtually non-existent fitness area. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Dear FloridaFamilyofFive,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We appreciate the time you took and the information we get from guests like yourself is invaluable. I am sorry to hear that you felt your room was small, and that you did not enjoy the gym space. We are in the process of updating our gym space, additionally we now have an agreement with the brand new YMCA (1/4 mile away) that allows guests free access to the Y.

Reviewed 26 February 2016

Exeter NH itself is a very quaint New England town. The hotel is right in town and it's a truly remarkable historical building. I thought the rooms were very nice, albeit small but for what you pay you get very good quality. The rooms were clean. The hotel itself was older but well maintained. The staff was extremely friendly! Loved it!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo

Dear Alex G,

Thank you for your glowing review. Comments like yours are the pinnacle of success for us and source of great pride. This is what we work so hard for and strive to achieve every day.
Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to your return.