“Good Eats in a small town”

Covered Bridge Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Contoocook
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Good food, attentive service in a friendly atmosphere. Locals in the bar and a dining room with some seating overlooking the river. Wide ranging menu - tried stuffed mushrooms and Japanese steak salad. Both were tasty. Looks like they have live music on Saturday nights.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Found the Covered Bridge Restaurant nestled in along the Contoocook River in town. Went after dark, so view wasn't much, but could see the river from the parking lot. We had to wait a very long time, and then the food took forever to get to the table. Once served, the meals were quite good. We started with drinks of an iced tea and a draft of Tuckerman Rockpile IPA. Our app was the Donna Dumplings. These were very tasty consisting of boiled and then fried dumplings filled with pork and ginger. They had a ginger/garlic sauce to dip in. Our Asian Emperor Tacos meal had three good size tacos filled with haddock, some onions, coleslaw and a coconut sauce. The tacos were served with a flavored rice that was good. Our Caesar Salad with grilled steak was just drowned in Ceasar dressing, which I love the taste of but there just was too much. I would rate the Asian Emperor Tacos as very good.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We had a delicious lunch here. They had a wide menu for so small a place. And good specials. They also accommodated our children

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Frequented by locals and tourists alike.
The atmosphere is comfortable and friendly. If you are lucky enough to get a window seat the view is outstanding!
The menu is eclectic and there is something for everyone....I would recommend the Chicken Fingers and Fish Tacos!
There is plenty of parking
They are closed on Mondays!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

I had some terriaki wings the first time i went there. I will admit there not the best but ive seen a lot worse. I can say the fries were the best ive ever had. The second time I took a take out and got a cheese burger, very very tasty and again the fries were outstading. The 3rd time I got the Fishwich of wich I highly reccomend. Service wasnt terrible but it did take a while for my food to come out. Highly reccommed.