“Chicken Cordon Bleu Mac & Cheese-yum!”

Covered Bridge Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Contoocook
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2016

We enjoyed looking at the Contoocook Covered Bridge across from the restaurant. The staff was friendly and service was quick. We split this meal between the 2 of us. Even so, we couldn't finish it. Large generous portion.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I've been to the covered bridge many times... And it's going down hill fast. On the bright side the food is great and it's pretty clean. But all around the restaurant there are these big life sized creepy dolls and when you walk by them they literally watch you and you get chills down your spine. Anyway on my last visit to the covered bridge it didn't start off to well... When we got our first round of drinks me and my mom's were fine but my brother's wasn't. He had ordered a plain old chocolate milk and when he tasted it he instantly pushed it away from him. I asked him what was wrong and he said it tastes bad. So I tried it for myself and it tasted sour, like it was expired! So when the waiter came back he ordered a Shirley temple just like mine (mine was good) and when he got it he said it didn't taste right. So I tried it myself and sure enough it tasted completely different from mine because his had no sweetener in it. Overall my visits to the covered bridge have gotten worse and worse but I still like it.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Food was forgettable. I had the Mixed Grill (4oz filet with several shelled shrimp on a skewer). Horseradish sauce tasted right out of a jar. Rice pilaf was replaced with a yellow rice heavy handed with butter. Wife had the Chicken Mac & Cheese. Extremely rich and oily. Had to pick the chicken out, could not finish pasta. Service time was lagging although the place seemed pretty busy. Food prices were reasonable. Menu listings are almost too plentiful (Italian section, Mexican, Asian, etc). Scenery was nice, overlooking a brook. If in the area again, would visit another restaurant before here.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

We have been here several times. Yesterday, my husband had the fish tacos with Chinese coleslaw. He asked for fries rather than rice and was accommodated. This is the second time he tried these and liked them. I tried the fried haddock sandwich with fresh cut fries. The haddock was very fresh and the fries were good.
The menu is quite varied from Chinese to Italian, American to Mexican. So far, most dishes we've tried have been good. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

This is definitely a locals restaurant since it's in the middle of nowhere. Was traveling from Portland Maine to New York and our friend took us the "scenic" way. Anyway he loves to find little places and try them. The Covered Bridge was a true surprise with a table overlooking the river on a dreary day. They have a vast menu and I settled on their version of a steak & cheese. Yummy. Everyone was happy we found this little gem in the middle of nowhere....