“Not your average cookie cutter hotel.”
Review of Centennial Hotel

Centennial Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Massachusetts
“Not your average cookie cutter hotel.”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Very courteous, informative, friendly and polite staff. Loved the cookies delivered to our room. Makes for a nice personal touch. (Maybe a plate should be at the front counter to greet customers upon their arrival, not to mention what the smell of a warm plate of cookies does for ones appetite.) Liked the intimate bar. Before our evening was done we were chatting it up with everyone.

Reservation done online, quick and easy. Liked the reminders sent to my email about my upcoming stay.

Warm and friendly staff greeting us and answered any questions we had from lunch hours in the dining room to shopping to background on the hotel.

Loved the charm of the room with the pitched ceilings. Didn't want to get out of bed in the morning.

During our stay we had lunch and breakfast. Both were Outstanding!!! The Bailey's Creme Brule was so good it was illegal!!

Smooth and quick checkout.

Not your everyday cookie cutter place to stay which is why we were drawn to make our reservations there. In fact we wondered why we didn't think to stay an extra day, next time.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Thank you so much for choosing The Centennial as your place to stay during your recent visit to the Concord area. It sounds as though you had a wonderul experience with us and that is exactly what we pride ourselves on, our friendly and attentive staff and creative and wonderful food. I hope you have a chance to return in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Maryland
Reviewed 23 December 2011

The Centennial Hotel is a classic, sink-down-into-the comfortable bed for a great night's sleep, then enjoy the fabulous breakfasts, lunches and dinners that their masterful chefs serve up. I stayed here in September and again in December, both business trips.

The property is immaculately groomed. The rooms are spotlessly clean. The service in all respects truly makes one feel like a VIP. I needed directions; their cordial/efficient staff went out of their way to make sure I had what I needed.

The culinary prowess of their chefs is absolutely heart warming. I've eaten many breakfasts/dinners there and each time, I am amazed at the depth of flavor of each dish. The wine list is very complimentary to the talents of the chefs.

What else can I say? Staying and eating here is like listening to Vladimir Horowitz play Chopin.........it's the way it should be!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank masterchiefpianist
Inland NW
Reviewed 11 December 2011

My wife and I stayed for just one night but what a pleasure! The entire staff was welcoming and very attentive. We drove up at night and the charm of the hotel lit up just put us at ease.

The rooms were quite comfortable and the beds and bedding were very, very comfortable. The bathroom and amenities were very nice. We did get room 101 and the shower head was a bit of a struggle as it was an adjustable ADA model-the only downside of our stay.

Great ambiance, comfortable room and very reasonable price.

Room Tip: Unless you need it, avoid the ADA~handicap room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Miguel_M
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Our one-night stay was absolutely lovely. Your centuries old, newly renovated bed and breakfast is perfect because it feels just like home, from the comfortable beds and beautiful linens to the soaps and lotions in your modern bathrooms. The service was exceptional - Erin assisted us when we checked in and Jason (I think that was his name) was so kind to clear the snow off not just ours but the neighboring car (my mistake because I told him the wrong white car). He then drove the car to the door for us and loaded up our luggage. And he would not consider accepting a tip! This is the NH personality I remember as a child and one of the reasons I returned this Thanksgiving.
We enjoyed dinner at the Granite Restaurant - for a small town B&B, they provide an excellent wine list and local beer selection as well as interesting menu choices. Dad enjoyed the Scottish salmon and I sampled the spiced duck. I like that most entrees are provided in a half or full size portion (as neither one of us would have been able to complete a full size entree).
I will recommend The Centennial to everyone who's traveling your way.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Sykesville, Maryland
Reviewed 24 November 2011

The Centennial is a wonderful remodeled property. Tons of character, clean, modern and very comfortable. The 2-queen room we stayed in was huge. Awesome bathroom, very clean and very nice. Wonderful staff and excellent restaurant on site. Great stay for our family.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family