All reviews historic building civil war robes and slippers turret room turn down service cookies quiet neighborhood modern bathroom new hampshire lovely hotel downtown concord main street next morning an overnight stay spent one night third floor granite
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Our one-night stay was absolutely lovely. Your centuries old, newly renovated bed and breakfast is perfect because it feels just like home, from the comfortable beds and beautiful linens to the soaps and lotions in your modern bathrooms. The service was exceptional - Erin assisted us when we checked in and Jason (I think that was his name) was so kind to clear the snow off not just ours but the neighboring car (my mistake because I told him the wrong white car). He then drove the car to the door for us and loaded up our luggage. And he would not consider accepting a tip! This is the NH personality I remember as a child and one of the reasons I returned this Thanksgiving.
We enjoyed dinner at the Granite Restaurant - for a small town B&B, they provide an excellent wine list and local beer selection as well as interesting menu choices. Dad enjoyed the Scottish salmon and I sampled the spiced duck. I like that most entrees are provided in a half or full size portion (as neither one of us would have been able to complete a full size entree).
I will recommend The Centennial to everyone who's traveling your way.

Reviewed 24 November 2011

The Centennial is a wonderful remodeled property. Tons of character, clean, modern and very comfortable. The 2-queen room we stayed in was huge. Awesome bathroom, very clean and very nice. Wonderful staff and excellent restaurant on site. Great stay for our family.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

Myself and my 2 daughters had plans to see a show close by so we chose this hotel due to a prior stay one of my daughters had some time ago before the place had all been renovated. . Was pleasantly surprised to see how very nice and clean it was. Unfortunately tickets to the show were sold out by the time we got there but we did enjoy a great dinner at The Longhorn and didn't mind having to spend a little extra time in our room. Beds were very comfortable. Nice hot shower and plenty of bathing supplies. Would definately return.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I spent one night at the Centennial and it was such a beautiful place. Very updated and pleasing decor in the room. Refrigerator, no coffeemaker, but coffee setup at the front desk in the morning. It was quiet and elegant. Our room had two queen beds and was very spacious.(Mattress was heavenly) In the evening, they have a turn down service and set out slippers and terry robes for you on your bed. Alas, we were hoping for their chocolate chip cookies, but they left a container of popcorn on the nightstand. Whimsicle touch, but not a favorite bedtime snack.

We ate breakfast (not included) in the dining room. I have to say, all the waitstaff are very professional. Belgian waffle and the Granite egg scramble were thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed here on a Saturday night with another couple (while on an 11-day jaunt through New England), and the hotel exceeded our expectations. The exterior of this early 20th century building is beautiful, and the contemporary rooms are spacious and well furnished with everything you expect from a luxury property. The rooms also were very quiet. The desk clerks were very friendly and helpful on restaurant recommendations, etc. We didn't have dinner in the on-site Granite Restaurant, but it's apparently the top rated fine dining place in Concord and was slammed on this Saturday night. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good. The hotel is located at the top of a hill, about a 10 minute walk to downtown Concord (easy drive, with lots of free parking available in the downtown area). The price was about what you'd expect for King rooms, not a bargain but the hotel was well worth the price. Parking outside in the lot behind the hotel is ample. Overall, we really liked our brief stay here.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple