All reviews granite restaurant historic building civil war turret room turn down service ceiling fan cookies robes and slippers quiet neighborhood new hampshire modern bathroom my spouse downtown concord wonderful hotel main street next morning half mile
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I spent one night at the Centennial and it was such a beautiful place. Very updated and pleasing decor in the room. Refrigerator, no coffeemaker, but coffee setup at the front desk in the morning. It was quiet and elegant. Our room had two queen beds and was very spacious.(Mattress was heavenly) In the evening, they have a turn down service and set out slippers and terry robes for you on your bed. Alas, we were hoping for their chocolate chip cookies, but they left a container of popcorn on the nightstand. Whimsicle touch, but not a favorite bedtime snack.

We ate breakfast (not included) in the dining room. I have to say, all the waitstaff are very professional. Belgian waffle and the Granite egg scramble were thoroughly enjoyed.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed here on a Saturday night with another couple (while on an 11-day jaunt through New England), and the hotel exceeded our expectations. The exterior of this early 20th century building is beautiful, and the contemporary rooms are spacious and well furnished with everything you expect from a luxury property. The rooms also were very quiet. The desk clerks were very friendly and helpful on restaurant recommendations, etc. We didn't have dinner in the on-site Granite Restaurant, but it's apparently the top rated fine dining place in Concord and was slammed on this Saturday night. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good. The hotel is located at the top of a hill, about a 10 minute walk to downtown Concord (easy drive, with lots of free parking available in the downtown area). The price was about what you'd expect for King rooms, not a bargain but the hotel was well worth the price. Parking outside in the lot behind the hotel is ample. Overall, we really liked our brief stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This is a fabulous hotel. The rooms are spacious and the decor is tasteful. The nightly treats at the bedside and welcoming robe and slippers are a great touch. Their staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The restaurant is terrific and you will likely find the locals at the bar who are friendly and engaging as well. Its a definite on on list of places to return.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I have about 175 - 200 nights on the road a year. This was a personal trip and I found the Centennial to be a very nice stop in Concord. We ate at the Granite and found it to have a very nice bar, great bartender and interesting cuisine. Meal prices were reasonable and food quality was high.
Rooms were clean, large and reasonably priced.
The only negatitive isn't really a negative, but a watchout for managment. I needed a 1 night weekend night stay for this trip. I tried to book a night over the internet but it was a two night minium and their website refused my attempt to book a room. I called the hotel and booked a night no problem. If I hadn't bothered to call I would have been at the Courtyard. I am glad I called.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stay at the Centennial about 2x/month for business I have in Concord. It's such a pleasant departure from the sterile feel of a Marriott, which is my usual go-to. Every room is different so at each check in I'm not sure which variation of beauty and charm I'll get!! Very homey and in a beautiful neighborhood. Restaurant and bar is great. Although if you're in need of a speedy early breakfast to get out the door, you have to plan for a much slower pace.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you truly enjoy what we have to offer at the Centennial. I also appreciate your comments about the "speed" of service during breakfast. Our goal is to get folks in and out as soon as possible in the morning knowing that most of our guests are travelling on business. We hope to see you again soon!
Sue O'Donnell