All reviews sausage waffles front desk room was clean highway side common man restaurant busy hotel one night stay close to downtown not hesitate to stay here again wonderful room king room included breakfast waffle maker the breakfast area main st a nice place to stay
Reviewed 4 June 2018

The Fairfield Inn is a modern, convenient hotel near downtown Concord with an accommodating and friendly staff, but with a mildew smell in the rooms that can sour a stay.

It’s what you’d expect at any mid-range hotel: comfy beds, fast internet, large bathroom, well-organized staff, and a complimentary breakfast with a decent variety of food. So in general we were very happy with our accommodation. However, as noted above, our room had a lingering mildew smell that was extremely off-putting. It’s something for which your nose can adjust, but it takes time before you stop noticing it (and immediately rears it’s ugly head when you re-enter the room after being away for a while).

It’s unclear whether some, many, or all of the rooms have this same issue (we didn’t ask to be moved), but it’s something that you may encounter. For that reason alone, I’d consider staying somewhere else in the area.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
mnourse, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Hello Mr. Mielke,

I was sorry to hear that your stay with us was not up to our standards. We do a very good job of cleaning the rooms when a guest leaves the hotel and we don't usually get complaints about mildew smells.

I see that you didn't ask to change rooms but did you let anyone know of the issue? I don't have any notes from my staff so if you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope that we can serve you again if you are ever back in our area.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

The hotel staff was friendly. Room was clean but the bathroom was dingy, looked clean but older finishes. Breakfast was well served and coffee fresh. Workout room was stuffy-equipment was all functioning so still could use the machines. Overall, good value but not the nicest, up to date hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
mnourse, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hello Kim,

Thank you for the response. Just some information for you. The hotel went through a complete renovation about 2 years ago. The new look was the new renovation look at that time. All of the rooms were completely re-done, the breakfast area was expanded to accomidate more guests.

We have recently upgraded our TV's, Internet and the pool area. We hope that we get to serve you again the next time you are in our area, Should you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Had a great stay here at the end of May. The staff noted my saved Marriott stay preferences and fulfilled them without an issue. I stayed on the side away from the highway and slept through the night with the window open. I also like to stay in hotels where we have a restaurant within walking distance, and there is a very good one at the entrance to the parking lot. All in all a good stay and I will be back.

The only gripe is there was one(only one) LONG! brunette hair on the floor of the bathroom. Housekeeping may want to run the mop over the floors for a second pass before calling the room clean.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello,
Thank you for your response. I am so pleased to hear that our dedicated team were friendly and accommodating. I truly apologize for the hair you discovered in the bathroom. I have passed your comments on to our Housekeeping Manager in an effort to ensure that this was an isolated incident that is corrected moving forward.

We hope to have another opportunity to host you the next time your travels return you to Concord. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I stayed at this hotel the night before a presentation in Concord. Check in was quick and friendly, I was welcomed as a Marriott Rewards member. As it was a long drive to Concord, I appreciated that there was a 24/7 coffee station in the lobby. The hotel is well maintained and very clean. There was an issue with wi-fi this day which unfortunately did not get resolved during my stay, but it really wasn't a big issue for me. If you're looking for a bite to eat, the Common Man restaurant was a handy, short walk from the hotel, and had some great comfort food fare and drinks. My room was clean and comfy, great workstation set up, and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was the typical continental breakfast with a waffle maker, but was a great, free breakfast. Overall a very nice stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
mnourse, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Scott,
Thank you very much for the nice review. I do apologize about the WiFi. This has been fixed.
We hope to see you again if you are in the Concord area.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Checked in for two nights earlier this week. If you are looking for a clean friendly and central hotel then this is a good choice. Complementary breakfast served until 9am each morning oatmeal, cereal, eggs, bagels, tea, coffee etc..and if you miss that the CitySide Grille is just around the corner on Manchester St ( also highly recommended). Hotel staff are really helpful. Connecting rooms available for family visits. Hotel situated at Exit 13 on the 93 Interstate or the southern end of Main St Concord which makes it pretty easy to find and is a good base to travel out and about from. There is a small(tiny) whirlpool and pool to help you relax. Good complimentary wifi and TV services. No complaints from this tourist. Enjoy.

Trip type: Travelled with friends