“Poor Work Ethics”
Review of Long John Silver's

Long John Silver's
Ranked #136 of 169 Restaurants in Concord
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I ordered the fish dinner. When I went to get tarter sauce there was none in the bucket. I asked at the counter and they said they do not have any. I was steaming. I would not order fish if there was no tarter sauce. After I ate what I could I went to the counter and said they should put a sign up that there is no tarter sauce. I could not believe what I heard. "Oh we have it. It is just in the back room. We hadn't had time to get it." No Time. They had been open at 7 AM. I do not believe they had straight out until 12:30 PM. When we came in there was a full staff and four customers. It was not busy. Maybe too busy talking and not working. Just lost two customers.
The fries were like card board and only warm. The fish was greasy. The hush puppies were good and tasty.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

The first Long John Silver's I ever visited was in Pittsburgh, PA way back, then I could not find them around anymore, so when the one on Loudon St opened I checked it out. If you like fried seafood, this is the place to stop to get your fix, fast, cheap and good, matey!

Reviewed 9 May 2015

Although this restaurant had been opened a number of years in Concord, NH , this was my first (and last) visit. I arrived shortly after 6pm and there were about a dozen people eating and no one in line ordering. In anywise, it took 10 min to get my order. In the kitchen/prep area there were 10 employees that I counted trying to look busy and it was very obvious at least 3 where in training. When my order was received and opened at home I noticed they "shorted " me on the fish platter order (was suppose to get two pieces and only received one). But that was actually a good think since the fish was not good in any case. The fish pieces are small compared to all the batter they use and lacks seasoning. The batter was dark and too crusty. IT was obvious that they left the fish in the fryer too long AND the oil needed to be changed. The chicken pieces had the sam problem- no taste and batter was cooked too long. With all the staff in the kitchen including many trainees, it resulted in no one really observing what they were doing and overseeing the quality of the going out. I have heard similar complaints about the food before but decided to try it once and I like fish and chips. Well I guess I will just have to wait to make a return trip to London, England or find some other place to get some good fish and chips. Don't waste your money (or time ) at Long John's at least not in Concord NH !
PS
They also share the space with Taco Bells, so you might want to give that a try but with the same staff I am not sure you will see any improvement with the food quality.

Reviewed 2 April 2015

What can you really say? This is just fast food fried seafood. I gave it 3/5 because fact is you get the same food you get here when compared to the local seafood in Concord. It's fried and just bread batter but you get more for less here.

Reviewed 9 October 2014

We have enjoyed Long John Silvers in the past. We liked it more when they changed the French fries they used. The Cold slaw was creamy and flavorful. The fish HAD BEEN good with a nice batter.
At our recent visit It felt like a Guingsue knife commercial. "You can cut the fish so thin that they will never come back." The batter was thicker than the fish. I don't know how they were able to keep it together to cook. The fries were warm not hot. We are going to think twice before eating here again. It seems the food increase in price but decreased in size.

3  Thank ilady55