“Terrible ”

Szechuan Garden Restaurant
Ranked #63 of 167 Restaurants in Concord
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

This was the second time caught. So, shame on me. Food had to be left over from night before. Pork very dry as when you microwave a piece of previously cooked meat
Lo mein was terrible, fried rice very dry.
They won't get again

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We've come here for over 10 years and the food was very good. Now, it seems to have lost its luster. The inside of the place is really showing wear and tear - the food is good, but the overall appearance of the place just seems to cast a negative 'glow' on the experience. We had an okay dinner here last week -- just 'meh'.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

This has always been my go to Chinese restaurant. That being said it is getting a bit run down. We recently took my father in-law here who was visiting from New Jersey. He has some mobility issues and the booths are really difficult to get out of . The cushions are really soft and even if you don't have mobility issues it is a struggle to get out of the booth plus the tables are to close to the seats. Almost every booth has the trim and Formica pealing off. The food can be hit or miss now as well. Was a time where everything was really fresh. We got the boneless ribs last time and they definitely were not fresh. I would definitely sacrifice wait time for fresher not reheated food. There comes a time when every restaurant has to make periodic upgrades, the time is long overdue for Szecuan Garden. Also when we went it was a little busy and I swear there is only ever one waiter. The busboy was actually filling our water and setting up the table. The wait was considerably longer than in the past. All that being said if you have a craving for Chinese it will fill that craving.

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I've been eating here since I was a kid. The food is really good. The atmosphere is amazing, if you loved 1987. It's clean and Ming and Tom are good guys. Get take out.

2  Thank AlexandSarahConcord
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Many dinners and family birthdays at Szechuan. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone. Very good, consistent and attentive to their customers. The service is excellent and the best owners of any local business around.

Been to Szechuan Garden Restaurant? Share your experiences!