“Worth driving a few extra miles”

Newell Post Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 163 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 August 2017

After a morning meeting in Concord, I travelled north on US Route 3 a few miles to visit The Newell Post after reading positive reviews on TripAdvisor. I had a wonderful breakfast -- Crabcake Benedict.

Warning: This place was crowded at 11:30 a.m. on a Friday. Parties of two or more were waiting inside the entrance and on the porch. I was alone, so I was able to sit at the counter without waiting. There are only four seats at the short counter however, so there may be times when you have to wait for a counter seat.

Once I was seated, waitress Mary Ann brought me coffee promptly, took my order, and then kept my cup filled. There was a bit of a wait for the meal to be served, but that was due to every booth and table being occupied. When my meal was ready, it was placed before me within seconds. From my counter seat, I could see this.

Plenty of parking in their lot along the side and behind the building.

Excellent food and excellent service. If only they were located in Keene.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Great little local place. Visiting a relate and this is one of his favorite places. Greek burger was done perfectly and cooked as requested. Onion rings are home made and probably the best I have had in years. Tomato Florentine was very good.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Never disappointed. My crepes were amazing. Service is very friendly and fast.
The atmosphere is clean and very pleasant. I recommend it for lunch as well.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch and breakfast. I had the Newell Post deluxe burger. Done to perfection, but best consumed in your cardiologist's office. It's 8 oz of beef, plus cheese, bacon and secret sauce. Wife had eggs, bacon, home fries and toast. She was happy.

It's a small place with friendly service. We'll stop by again.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Happy to have a place make there own soup with fresh ingredients. Had the haddock chowder, better then the coast of Maine. House made desserts also. For a small place they had plenty of choices. Free newspaper and great waitstaff made for a nice lunch at fair pricing.