“Huge, very tasty, breakfast for bargain price”

Claremont Country Cafe
Ranked #16 of 48 Restaurants in Claremont
Reviewed 4 May 2018

I stopped in to the Country Cafe early on Monday AM, got seated promptly, and had my coffee a couple of minutes later. Not having stopped there before, I watched what those who were clearly regulars were having and asked my helpful waitress.

Based on her advice, I stuck with a single blueberry pancake, which was delicious, loaded with blueberries, and HUGE (see photo)! I'm sure glad I didn't get the stack...one was plenty. I also got two eggs over easy, and their sausage patties. The eggs were perfectly cooked and the sausage was spicy and smoky...both of which I love but hard to find here in the north country.

The waitress kept my coffee topped up and checked to see if everything was to my liking. And, all of this came to just over $11, including NH meal tax. I will absolutely go back.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try country cafe today. We were seated quickly and our waitress was great she checked on it quite often throughout our breakfast. My has and went with the homemade corned bees hash plate and he said it was good. It had strips of corned beef but was s but mushed due to the crispy outside. I went with the biscuits and gravy. The biscuits were good but it was served with a HUGE amount of gravy, it was literally dripping off the plate when it arrived. Honestly, it was too much and I had to scrap him it off to find the biscuits. My gravy also had tiny pieces of sausage, which made it seem more pre-fab than homemade.
Overall the space was nice and clean, service was great, and food mediocre.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

This is a breakfast and lunch only restaurant in Claremont, NH in the retail area of Washington Street. It is relatively new(within a year) and today was the first opportunity to actually try it.

It a little like what my mothers house used to be like: The food was good, but the place was not overly clean. The Blue carpet on the floor is actually black in the travel areas, and only blue, under the tables. Carpet is a poor choice in a resultant, as it never looks clean...this appears to never have been cleaned.

The table I was escorted to was "cleaned" and set up, but still had the coffee cup ring from a previous customer. I had to ask for a second knife as the first one had a crust.

I ordered an Eastern Omelet which was pretty good! It came with "fryolater " home fries which were not. The portions were large and the price moderate; my breakfast was less than $8.00.

The waitress was very good and came by several time to ask if I needed anything.

Hours are 5:30am to 2pm and as I mentioned, breakfast and lunch only.

When I compare this to my favorite breakfast place, the Country Kitchen in Newport, refer back to my title.

1  Thank peterrmans
Reviewed 9 January 2018

This was our first time here. I had the vegetable omelette with cheese, a really large and tasty omelette, with the 'home made' white toast, very thick cut and a generous helping of home fries. The service was prompt and professional.

Note that they are open from about 530AM to 200PM but they apparently serve breakfast all day.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We stopped in for lunch and I saw on their menu that they had a steak and cheese sandwich, I was skeptical to try it because at other restaurants I would order what they call a Philly steak and cheese and would be disappointed. I took the chance and was not disappointed,their steak and cheese was the closest to the ones that I grew up with in PA. The food here is excellent and so are the prices, definitely worth stopping in.