Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2020

We visited Narnu Farm for the second time, this time going with 2 other families.

The kids loved the outside play, animal feeding and bonfire.

The adults were able to relax as the kids were happy and safe.

We have already booked again for next year.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 8 July 2019

Just back from a weekend on Narnu Farm, the kids had a blast. I loved that fact that I felt they were really safe there. They could fo out and play without worrying too much about them. Loved the nature play area, a whole weekend without technology for the kids, they never asked for it once.

The animal feeding and horse riding were a hit.

The accomodation was basic but it had everything we needed for the weekend.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2019 via mobile

The Farm is very well managed, no smell & most of the feeding sessions were a joy. My toddler had a blast & so did we! Also enjoyed the horse riding sessions & bon fire. (Pls bring your own marshmallows for BBQ)

The Accomodation, however, can be improved. We’d booked 3 nights at the Historic 1878 Narnu Cottage as this was the only 2 bedroom cottage left. Unfortunately, the 2nd bedroom is tuck right at the back, after the kitchen & next to the cottage’s back door render it unusable for my toddler & helper - it is winter & there is no heater in the bedrooms. Was disappointed when my requested for a mobile heater was brushed off buy the owner saying the heater & fireplace in the living room will warm the entire cottage up which unfortunately is not true - the heat can’t even reached the kitchen, lack alone the bedroom at the back. We make do with them sleeping in the living room couch. We’ve also burn off lot of logs in the fireplace trying to warm up the 2nd room initially, would have appreciated if logs ate top up daily as we didn’t have enough logs for the fire place by the 3rd night & there wasn’t anyone around the farm whom can help. My last minute request for portacot since 2nd room is unusable was delivered the next day which I’m thankful. My requests are not out of this world & could be better anticipated.

Note that this cottage is situated away from the rest thus a very quiet corner. The kitchen really has only basic cutlery & utensils. I will recommend them to stock basic cooking ingredients like our previous experience at another farm stay. Eg. cooking oil, salt, sugar, pepper, herbs, etc. We end up driving to Goolwa for dinner that night. After settling in, the stay was good.

Definitely second the suggestion from another review to have a communal bbq dinner. Would have made this stay wonderful!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sightsee817868, Manager at Narnu Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2019

Hi,
Thank you for your feed back. It's very much appreciated as we are always looking for ways to improve our product and keep our customers happy. We have taken all of your valued comments into consideration.
I sincerely apologise for the heating situation we have not had that feedback before so were unaware that the fireplace and heater were not reaching the back rooms. We have decided to replace the fire place which should be happening in the next couple of weeks. We are also meeting with an air conditioning technician this week to see what can be done to better heat the back half of the cottage.With regards to the cot I did email prior to your stay regarding whether you needed it but unfortunately the email must not have got to you as I didn't receive a reply otherwise we would have had it set up for you prior to arrival. I apologise for the mix up. Staff are onsite from 7:30-5pm daily and I'm always available on the phone during guests stay at the farm.

I'm glad you enjoyed the animal feeding, horse riding and the bonfire :)

Thanks again for your feed back

Kind regards,

Sarah
Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I took my son to Narnu for a weekend last winter as he desperately wanted to toast marshmallows over a campfire. We stayed in the Historic Narnu Cottage as it was the only option available when I booked. It was spacious with very basic furnishings but fine as we didn’t spend much time inside.
We were able to light the fireplace which was lovely.
My son had a ball feeding the animals, horse riding, playing in the playgrounds, going on an old truck ride through the paddocks to feed the horses and making friends with the other children staying. It’s lovely to see children roam free without the need for tv.
They held a big bonfire on the Saturday night for everyone to enjoy - a dream come true for my son.
It would have been even better if they’d offered a communal BBQ dinner one night to give parents the night off coking and all guests a chance to interact.
Our only other advice is beware of the swooping magpies! They were terrifying!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Excellent retreat for a farm stay, fed animals in the morning, truck ride around the farm, tennis courts, horse riding for the children. Everyone had a wonderful time. Sarah and staff are great hosts.

Date of stay: May 2017