All reviews mount washington hotel shuttle service indoor pool hot tub main hotel cog railroad free breakfast breakfast room yogurt beds were comfortable horseback riding presidential range ski sauna hike porch
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel itself was nice enough and the surroundings were lovely. However, they charged us twice. I booked through Agoda and they charged me the entire amount to my credit card which I thought I was providing for incidentals and never gave me a receipt. I called at least 6 times to get this resolved, often not getting called back or being put on hold for 30 minutes. It took me a month to get a call back or refunded until I disputed the charge with my bank and even then didn't even get refunded the whole amount.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018

The Lodge was lovely, and we still were able to enjoy all of the amenities of the Mt. Washington Hotel. There were plenty of activities for all. Golf, relaxing, and a full-service Spa. Something for everyone!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NUMeeting
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Staff was very helpful (esp Jeff, the manager). Access to Mt Washington Hotel amenities with a quick shuttle service is a real plus, Structure is a bit weak: rooms are dark and sound insulation is poor. On the first floor, the view of the valley is through parked cars. (It's really just a renovated motor lodge.) Washer was not working. Overall, good value for the money ($147/night in August, inc amenities and taxes).

Room Tip: Chose the second floor for better, unobstructed view and less noise.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2018

Our room looked adorable. However, it smelled of cigarettes and our sheets were damp. We stayed at the lodge and it was clear that some renovation had been done but the smell and the state of the air conditioner - which we tried to use to dry out the room and filter out the smell was also damp, mildewy and dirty. We were disappointed with our stay- we only wanted a clean place to stop over on our way to Maine.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Omni_Mt_Washington, Manager at The Lodge at Bretton Woods, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Thank you for your review. The Lodge is a smoke-free facility and we are very sorry to read that the guests before you may have not adhered to this policy. We also apologize for the humidity in your room and will have our housekeeping and maintenance staff look into your concerns. We are very sorry to have not met your expectations and hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you the comfortable accommodations we are known for on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Overall is not a bad hotel, though some profit watching accountants checking the excel spread sheet advised the management to remove the light breakfast that used to be part of the 24 hour cost while some corporate lawyers instituted the rules with no toys in the swimming pool due to fear of liability leading to an overall atmosphere of corporate sterility specific to all corporations across US. If we the people do not demand different it will continue to get worse...

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family