All reviews bretton woods ammonoosuc river room overlooked the river swiss chef nice setting room was clean and comfortable rushing water great view of the river would stay here again dining room common room very nice stay stayed one night lamb white mountain region next morning hiking trip
Reviewed 5 March 2017

I have never written a review on tripadvisor but this hotel is so horrible I felt I must. It is a bait and switch -- the pictures on their web site of the inn and the rooms are not where we stayed -- but was where we checked in. They have a building to the left of the quaint looking inn that is essentially a motel frozen in time from 1970. The décor is wood paneling, mauve rugs, old tube tv, formica counter tops in the bathroom, comforters and chairs cushions that are so worn that I am sure they are at least 40 years old. Beds were up to our knees -- the box springs direct on the floors.

When we walked in, my whole family was in shock -- we just started laughing, and once got over the surprise that we actually had to sleep there, we knew we wouldn't last the 2 nights from our original reservation. At check in, the inn keeper was not friendly at all - no welcome, no smile....she just asked "name", charged my credit card and handed me a key. So, being the chicken I am, I made my husband go tell her we were checking out a day early and we would like a credit for the second night -- she was not accommodating and wouldn't give us any credit. The creepiness of the whole place was not worth staying a second night, so we had to eat the cost and high tailed it out of there.

The one bright spot - the breakfast was included and served in the inn dining room.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kimberly C
KatheHofmann, Front Office Manager at The Wayside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Why did your husband tell me that someone passed and you need to check out early without even mentioning anything to say on this site?

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Very nice location next to the Amoonusoc River (not sure if I spelled it right but have no desire to look it up), outskirts of Bethlehem, near Littleton and Bretton Woods. Motel addition a bit outdated and over-priced,.even with breakfast. Inn was a bit dreary. Dinner cuisine a bit of a disappointment, very average, but perhaps expectations too high. It is not an establishment we would seek out to return to but on the other hand would not avoid or would not advise others to avoid. I guess neutral is the word.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2016

We did not STAY at the Wayside Inn. We ate dinner there twice in our three evenings in the White Mountains last week. One night I had the Veal Vienna, which was amazing, and my wife had the Turkey Dinner. We also both had the Clam Chowder, which was uniquely spiced and just full of clams, potatoes and other good things. The other night we just had the Soup and Salad for $9, and both were just perfect. The waitresses were wonderful both evenings. With my receipt we were given a postcard taken from the table where we were seated. The Dining Room is lovely, tastefully decorated, with small oil lamps and soft lighting. Many tables line the large windows granting a view of the river and the Inn's Gardens. I tried to review this as a restaurant, but TripAdvisor wouldn't let me do that.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
KatheHofmann, Owner at The Wayside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your positive review. We hope you will visit us again!

The Staff at The Wayside Inn

Reviewed 16 August 2016

On a weekend getaway to New Hampshire, stayed in room 4 at the Wayside Inn.
The room was comfortable, and very quaint, as was the inn. Room 4 was actually in the Inn, even though there is a secondary building that looked more of a typical motor inn.
The room was a nice size. The bed was extremely comfortable, and our room overlooked a stream that ran behind it. The breakfast in the morning had choices, but I took the buttermilk pancakes...they were excellent. And the coffee was really good as well. The Inn was so quiet, it was almost like we were the only ones there. As for disconnecting from the world, Room 4, and I assume the rest of the rooms in the Inn (can't speak for the second building) had no TV. It forced reading and conversation. There were two TVs downstairs in the common areas if you really wanted to watch. And my cell service was minimal and as far as I could tell no wi-fi service. With that said, it doesn't hurt to disconnect from time-to-time, and this forced me to. All in all, a nice stay and very central in the White Mountain region.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Overall the property is very nice, though a little out of date. PIllows in the rooms were definitely a little worn, but the room itself was very nice and well kept. The staff was very welcoming, and breakfast the next morning (which was included) was delicious.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple