“Home cooked”

Eastern Depot Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 15 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The Eastern Depot Restaurant offers a yummy breakfast and lunch menu. The food is home cooked and Michelle and her staff seem like family. Nothing fancy here. Set in an old historic train station, it is a diner type of establishment. Just good food and a friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank Wayne M

Reviewed 7 December 2016

It's a shame we didn't discover the Depot sooner, but it always looked closed when we drove by usually in the late afternoon. Let's just call the outside "low-key" because it certainly doesn't draw attention to itself but it's what is inside that counts. It actually is an old train depot and the interior has a period charm that has a nice appeal. The people are friendly and there was a pretty good crowd right at the breakfast/lunch time of day. Did I forget something? Oh yeah... the food was excellent! My wife had an omelet that was big and well-prepared, tasty home fries and bacon that was actually cooked to order. My burger was hand-formed and obviously very fresh beef, prepared correctly with lots of fries on the side. There were a lot of menu choices and it seems like every order going by looked satisfying. It doesn't pretend to be anything other than a good place to eat!

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We really enjoyed this place. Cranberry, blueberry, rasberry and mixtures of those berry muffins. Really nice view of the mountains. Friendly and efficient staff.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I love taking family to the Eastern Depot for breakfast. Its set up just like breakfast diners I have always frequented, but the food is outstanding. It is always served promptly with a smile. Their muffins are worth snagging for a late morning treat.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Someone local out on the trails told me and my daughter to check out this place. We went dirt riding on our bikes from Gorham right to this place and it was great eats. I loved it. Forget about what the place looks inside and out. The food is clean, fresh and great tasting. How awesome is it to be able to ride a dirt bike on a trail then legally ride it on the street to a breakfast place. Then get back onto the street and ride more trails. I wish Massachusetts wasn't so dam communist and more like NH. Talk about freedom.