“Sad and Outdated.”

Eastern Depot Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

This is a sad place. On week days it's acceptable fare, I guess. The place is completely outdated. It's a true injustice to the buildings character and history. Lots of potential, it seems the owners must have cashed out. Breakfast is very easy food to produce well. Nothing is farm fresh, everything just feels cheap and bottom of the barrel. Today we went in during the ATV festival (which doubles the local population, it was pretty much empty, despite being right off the ATV route. Our food arrived cold. I asked for a grilled muffin that came out cold and ungrilled. My friend had a huge hair in her corned beef hash. My other friend complained that his food was cold and they brought it back "nuked", stating they "hoped that would be alright". The seats are indented from their age and the pads constantly fall off the benches. The springed back door slams every few minutes as people come and go with a bang. It's done this for years and nothings ever been done to address it. They supposedly serve breakfast and lunch, yet they locked the doors at 11am today.....On a Saturday which is a brunch day. Just very pathetic. My friends had tried to talk us into going elsewhere, but it's location is ideal so we made the mistake of going. I was so embarrassed to have recommended the place to my friends. We ended up walking out and driving 30 minutes to the Water Wheel which has reliably excellent fare. What a joke......it's like they hate money.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

The parking lot and street were full... not boding well for a quick breakfast. However, we were greeted and seated immediately and coffee (really cool large mugs) came quickly. I ordered the Irish Eggs Benedict and my wife had the Florentine. The eggs were delicious and the golden brown home fries were perfect. A platter of breakfast crepes landed on an adjacent table and they looked sooooo appetizing. I can't believe that tiny little woman ate them all!!! Next time.. On the down side... the place does not have A.C. so on those extremely rare days where northern NH is too hot, this might not be the perfect place for breakfast.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

The Depot has awesome crepes with real maple syrup or the wonderful raspberry sauce. Their prices are very reasonable and the service is terrific.

Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

This is one of the worst breakfast I've ever had. I ordered the Irish Eggs Benedict. What I got was regular eggs benedict. The "hollandaise" sauce was watery and broken. My boyfriend had the crepes which were cold. We got one cup of coffee and never offered a refill. If you're looking for cheap food at a cheap price this is the place to go. If you want a decent breakfast look elsewhere.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

Great homey atmosphere! We have eaten breakfast and luck here several times. With family and coworkers, great service and prices are great.