“Good Long Stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
Olney, Maryland
“Good Long Stay”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Spent more than a week at this hotel. Room was clean and comfortable, although noise bled in at night. The desk people were very friendly and helpful. The woman running the breakfast area was exceptionally nice. All in all, an above average Hampton Inn stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We stay at Hampton Inns often on family vacations, and at the beginning this stay was just like any other. The room had comfortable beds and a nice desk setup; we were satisfied. The hotel is very convenient for the airport, and they even have printed cards with directions, which is a nice touch.

However, the heating unit was extremely loud, enough to make falling asleep difficult. What was even worse was that it would run for fifteen minutes, then turn off for fifteen, etc nonstop. The constant change in the noise level of the room was very disturbing. Early in the morning (around 4 am), someone in a room nearby must have been taking a shower, because we could also hear some very loud pipes in the wall, which was also disturbing.

We were unable to stay for breakfast due to an early flight the next morning, but breakfast bags were provided, which was a nice thought.

If we had stayed another night, we would have asked for another room, but we didn't, so I don't know if all the rooms in this Hampton are so loud. However, definitely be aware that it can happen!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2011

1-2 of 2 Sorted by most recent Sorted by least recent Sorted by highest ratings Sorted by lowest ratings Sorted by most helpful Sorted by least helpful Edit your review
User Rating: 1 out of 5 stars
by recent visitor 11/18/2011
The general manager of this hotel, Enam Rahman, is the rudest individual I have ever encountered at a hotel. My brother and I registered a complaint with the hotel management regarding our stay and were rebuffed by Mr. Rahman in a most unprofessional manner. Corporate Headquarters in Carrollton, Texas was apprised of this misconduct and treatment and addressed my concerns; it is my hope they will deal appropriately with management and put the hotel in good standing. Stays at other Hampton Inns have been most pleasant, but our experience with this particular hotel was abysmal. Enough said.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank recentvisitor121
Derry, New Hampshire
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We actually were returning home from a weekend in Denver but knew we had no power due to snowstorm. I tried in am to get reservations before we left but all hotels full. I called from Airport at 11pm and they had a vacancy. Staff on reception desk were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also good the next morning and apparently they also had lost power so all new fresh food had arrived that morning. The room was very nice with a corner desk if one needed to work. We really only used the room for sleeping but bed was very comfortable and would recommend this hotel. In my opinion, it is a little off the main area but does have a Target and Lowes very closeby as well as Bugaboo Steak House and then Bedford Mall is about 2 miles down the road and the large Mall about 3 miles away on the highway.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AnnC942
Fulshear, Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We were traveling in New England for our first "leaf peeping" trip. Our last night we had no reservations. While driving to Manchester, NH on Route 101. We tried calling Hampton Inn's phone number found on Internet. After speaking with reservationist and giving credit card we find out it is Expedia. While waiting on hold to get reservation corrected we got disconnected. They never gave us a confirmation. When we were able to get phone service again we called Hampton directly and started making reservation for two rooms. After giving reservationist my Hilton Honors number we were disconnected.

When we arrive at the hotel 15 minutes later I asked to speak with manager. Jenny Warren said she was the manager. I explained that I had been a Hilton Honors member since 2000. Eleven years and ALWAYS stayed at Hampton Inn. I proceeded to tell her we needed 2 rooms.
She said we had 3 rooms. One was paid through Expedia and 2 rooms were booked through HI reservations. I again explained what happened and asked that 1 room be cancelled. She told me that it was past cancellation time and I had 3 rooms. I then asked for her boss whom she said had already gone home(5:55pm). I tried to reason with this UNYIELDING person to no avail. She said THIS Hampton Inn had a policy of not accepting cancellations after time.
I again told her I would gladly pay for the two rooms, just cancel one. She said NO EXCEPTIONS. Then she was going to charge me the third room and not give me the key to it. She said it would be a "no show" charge. I asked how much for that. She said full price. I then made her give me the keys to all 3 rooms. I figured she would rent that room out twice.

This all happened at Hampton Inn on #8 Hawthorne Drive, Bedford NH. BE CAREFUL when making reservations here. You could be staying in two or three rooms!

During the conversation with Jenny Warren she mentioned that this is a big problem at their hotel and they decided to take the UNYIELDING approach.

The general manager was unavailable to help us with this problem. His name is Enam Rahman.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!