“All around, poor.”
Review of 1750 Tap House

1750 Tap House
Ranked #28 of 50 Restaurants in Bedford
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

From the moment we walked in, I said, “too bad there aren’t any other restaurants close by.” While the restaurant was fairly full on a Saturday evening, the three hosts working at the desk seemed too inept to accept the three parties walking in over a ten minute span. We weren’t asked for a name, just told it would be a few minutes before we would be sat. Another party of the same size walked in after us, and was sat before us. Almost immediately, and they didn’t have a reservation. They tried to push us to sit at the crowded bar, and we declined. We continued to stand there and then the group of hosts looked at us and asked, “are you guys alright?” like they didn’t know why we were standing in the entrance of their restaurant. We told them we were waiting for a table, and they asked us for a name. Strange. Finally, we were sat and the service didn’t not go up from there. There was no immediacy in any aspect of service. We were sat across from the open concept pizza kitchen where we could hear the staff’s wide array of conversations. It was funny that some of the kirchen staff where wearing one glove while making pizzas—what’s the point of one when you’re clearly using both hands? The food took a decent amount of time. The couple next to us, who ordered before us, got their food after we were done eating. As I said, it was a busy Saturday evening but no staff members seemed to be stressed or over worked so I don’t know how to explain our bad experience. Also, a manager never stopped by our table—not a necessity, but always a good touch, especially for a new restaurant like this. Provides an opportunity for them to learn from and address shortcomings. I wish the business good luck, but will likely not return. The food was of average quality, from a pretty limited menu. I would recommend stopping at Copper Door or BVI for a much better experience if you are looking to dine on this street.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I am only giving it one star for the service. The food was inedible, cold, greasy and unseasoned. The fries tasted frozen, the pizza was soggy and overall, a big disappointment. It needs to get better to survive with all the other good choices in town.

Reviewed 20 September 2018

Ordered a Caesar salad for take out. Not one piece of lettuce is green - all the yellow crap lettuce that people usually throw away. Also the dressing has a faint taste of pickle juice. Throwing it away instead of even trying to finish it.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

Tried 1750 Tap House for the first time on Sun.. The pizza arrived 10 minutes after our friends' meals were served. The turned out to be below average. The crust was soggy and the tomato sauce bland. Pizza Bella in the same area has much better pizza. Will try
it again for something else since it is close. I hope it gets better.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my time here! Food was really good, great selection of beers. I was not disappointed with anything, and I can’t wait to go back. The owner was there, engaged and working hard. That’s always great to see!

Been to 1750 Tap House? Share your experiences!