“BEWARE OF STAFF!”

Attitash Mountain Village
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Although the actual resort was great. Everything on the vacation was perfect except for the staff. I have never have had such a horrible experience with customer service. Upon check in my husband & two 5 yr old twins were in line. A woman i am not sure of her name but she has grey hair and a raspy voice. Was holding up the entire line with issues going on in her personal life. Each family one by one had to deal with her issues.The crowd piled up in the lobby. We were all exchanging frustrating looks in disbelief. The woman went on and on about her life & how she had no money. Giving everyone a sob story. Here we are all excited about going on a vacation taking a break from the daily grind and this is the start off of our vacation. after finally checking in. we were happy with our room. settled in and decided to take a trip to the pool. once we hit the main lodge. where the pool and front desk are located. we stopped at the front desk first to see if that is where we would be picking up our towels. at this point there were two woman behind the desk. I asked about towels for my family and the woman with the raspy voice responds. ''you can't figure that out on you own'' at this point myself and husband are very nice people but we asked to speak with management. a younger woman comes from the back office. we explained what had been going on with this woman from the start. she responded by saying nothing. there was at least a good minute before she responded. it seemed as if the manager was confused and did not know how to handle the issue. finally she said i am sorry for the inconvienince. then assisted us with towels. completely ignoring all of our statements. we just brushed it off and went down to the pool. last but not least on our way back up passing the front desk. the woman with the raspy voice said to us what is the point of coming on a vacation if you are not here to enjoy yourself. i looked at my husband once again in disabelief. we didnt even ask for the manager again considering she seems to be underqualified for her management position. we just wanted to enjoy are vacation. in the end we just decided to stay away from the resort staff to do so.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank supermom26
NHAMSCO, Front Office Manager at Attitash Mountain Village, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

We apologize to "supermom26" as we have no recollection or record of this unfortunate sounding situation. At Attitash Mountain Village we pride ourselves on customer service. We are also proud that we continually rate at least a 4.8 out of 5 with our vacation ownership company on Customer Service, and actually just received an award. We take guest feedback very seriously and will review this posting at great length with all of our staff. Our Front Office Manager - who has extensive experience in her position - would be more than willing to speak directly to you regarding any concerns you may have...please contact her directly if you'd like:
Susan Dionne
Front Office Manager
Attitash Mt. Village
(603) 374-6500 ext. 1163

Reviewed 28 January 2011

It is right across the street from Attitash, which is one of my favorite places to ski in the east. You can't beat the location and our room was super nice. It took the hassle out of the vacation. They also have a nice skating rink, pool, etc.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank MattStone
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I read the previous reviews before my trip off of this site. I even emailed them after reading some reviews and they responded to ease my worries. That is what type of place this is. Their customer service was top notch before my trip and during my trip.

I give this place a total thumbs up. It is about 15-20 minutes to N. Conway, but that did not stop us from having fun in N. Conway. We loved it!! The outlets, the food, the bars...totally fun. What I liked a lot was the service.. most waitresses/waitstaff/bar staff offerred their ideas of what we should do for fun. So the location of this place was not a damper of going into N. Conway to eat/drink and have a good time.

The resort was very nice.. My unit was in the Zealand House.. A time share through RCI. Two bathrooms/a one bedroom townhome w/washer and dryer. I walked in and said "I could live here." That is how nice the unit was. I'm sure other units look different, don't have the same things but this unit was great! The bathtub in the bedroom could fit many..I want one when I decide to upgrade my own home.. The pool was good if you have kids, no kids for this trip so we only went to the pool once. The indoor jacuzzi was much hotter than the outdoor one. The outdoor one was cool to try, but not the best outdoor jacuzzi I have been in. I'm a mother of a 20yr old, a grandmother to a 4year old and I am in my upper 30's..plus single. I can give input from all angles about this place. It is nice for all types.

The resort staff was great. I took a snowshoeing tour with "Patrick" and walked around. My first time snowshoeing and I want to buy a pair now. I went snowmobiling down by the Mt Washington Hotel/Bretton Woods which was only a 20 minute drive or so from this place. Snow tubed at Cranmore which was only 15-20 minutes away, and skied at Attitash which was a one minute walk. So you can not beat this location if you are trying to get somewhere and see things. The restaurant on site was good, but not my party pub that I like. Looks cute, food was what you expect and the staff was nice too.

I had a great time, great service, tons of fun!!!

Some tips for you readers of places to go to. Breakfast; We went to the Blueberry Muffin and Peaches. Of the two.. I loved the Blueberry Muffin. Go outside the box and try a different muffin then the blueberry, and you will understand why. Great place for breakfast with an added touch with a muffin. Peaches was okay, different choices/different atmosphere, but I loved the Blueberry Muffin.

The Moat House brewery has not only the best food, great drinks but had cheap jello shots. $1.00 a jello shot.. how can you say no! The staff was great there- =) We went twice (Mon./Sat) while it wasn't busy on Monday compared to Saturday..the weekend atmosphere was much better.

Mt Washington hotel... We walked into it, had a drink, admired the view. We heard about this bar downstairs from people we met during our week called "The Cave." It's only opened at night, so we couldn't see it..but we heard its a thing to check out.

Delaneys Irish Bar.. Had the best nacho chips and salsa. We tried them at other places and none h ad the same flavor as here. Their burger was good, but not the best burger in that area. Their chips/salsa totally were the best.

My favorite bar was the "Red Parka." Every place we went they would say..Make sure you check out the "Red Parka" and I am glad we did. We went there three times. Mon/Thus and Saturday night. Tons of locals there on Monday for open mic night. Thursday nobody was really there, but we still had a blast-met some other vacationers and then there was Saturday. Don't let the line at the door fool you. Their occupancy limit is only 93, so we waited in line to get in and we again had a blast. This place was NOT packed. You think it would be because of the line, but they look like they follow the rules and don't allow the place to get stuffed with people. The drive back to Attitash is only about 15 minutes from this place. =)

Have fun..I can't wait to return =)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank bstnldy
Reviewed 8 January 2011

I enjoyed this hotel mainly because of the room we had; If I had been given a room in a different part of the "village", I definitely would not have been happy. We had a studio condo which was slope side. So, if you are vacationing here for skiing/snowboarding, this is perfect, just be sure to specify that you want a slope side room. We had a full kitchen, the buildings looked brand new, and the only thing that suffered was the mattress. It was not as bad as some other places, but not the best either. A great place for a long skiing/snowboarding vacation...very reasonable prices, but do not expect a hotel or hotel luxuries of any type.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JCarlson1
Reviewed 29 December 2010

Travelled to Bartlett on 20 Dec 2010. Attitash Mountain Village was easy to find and the staff - especially Marc on the Reception Desk, was very helpful. The airline 'lost' our bags and Marc remained cheerful and helpful when things weren't going well for us. The suite that we had was clean, comfortable, had two bathrooms and a large spa bath in the main bedroom. Kitchen was fully stocked and had a good oven. The only minor issue I had was that the heater in the bedroom woke me up each night as it turned on and off. Good access to Bretton Woods skifield and walkable to Attitash Mountain.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolNZ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
11.1 km away
9 km away
Nordic Village Resort
Nordic Village Resort
#4 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Attitash Mountain Village? Share your experiences!