All reviews saco river north conway budget price burn off some energy owners were extremely friendly room phone two queen beds bathroom door stayed one night picnic tables heated pool we've stayed villagers playground attitash pits pets
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here as a rest stop for a night after a couple of long drives. It was fine as we just needed somewhere to rest our head but the place wasn’t great. The sink was falling away from the wall in the bathroom and the bathroom door didn’t shut properly. Main room was okay. The ‘free breakfast’ included just tea and coffee. And when we went to get some before heading off on the road, they hadn’t put it out. The place is fine for a stopover but not longer.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2018

The people running this hotel were very nice and helpful. We messed up the dates of our reservation and they helped us sort it out. We arrived late as GPS took us to the wrong place - they gave us directions.
Room was spacious and clean. Ample parking space. Bathroom was nice and clean.
Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

First I should tell you that we spent way too much for the room ($169) because our stay was Columbus Day weekend and the end of the Fryeburg Fair. There were no other motel/hotel rooms available close to our price range. The bed was comfy, room and bathroom clean, temp comfortable. Our room had a microwave and small refrigerator. Picnic tables and fire pits were available. What a surprise to take a short trail through the woods behind the motel and find the beautiful Saco River! Rooms do not come equipped with coffeemakers.

Room Tip: They are single rooms. We stayed in rooms 26 & 27 and were happy.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We stayed one night at the Villager Motel after a last-minute Expedia booking. Expedia does say to call ahead to confirm pet accommodations but I didn't, and when I arrived had to be switched from a room with a king bed to a room with two queens instead - so if you are travelling with pets, call ahead!

The rooms are dated but very clean & spacious; beds weren't the most comfortable but that's just a personal preference.

The staff were great - our room phone didn't work, and when I went to the reception desk the gentleman handed me his cell phone to make my call. Our room also didn't have a television remote so my husband headed back to reception & we had a remote in two minutes.

At the back of the property there are trails that take you down to the river which was an absolutely awesome way to wake up. We took the dogs down to burn off some energy before loading them back in the truck & they were back asleep right away!

With the added cost of travelling with two dogs, it isn't exactly a "budget" motel, but we were satisfied with our stay!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We've stayed at a variety of budget motels in the Storyland area, and this is now our top choice for return visits. We stayed in one of the family rooms with two queen beds, and it was incredibly spacious and very clean. Bathroom layout was perfect, with the shower/toilet separate from the sink, but with doors to each (so you could effectively create three rooms if one person wanted to shower, another wanted to brush their teeth, and another wanted to change in the room). The shower had ample hot water and water pressure. A favorite feature for us was the second entrance for the room, which opened into a large grassy area with picnic tables, grills, and fire pits...it was essentially a "back yard" where kids could play without concern for parking lot traffic.

Given the budget price and my experience with other area motels, I assumed the attractive photos of the playground and pool on the hotel website were taken twenty years ago, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that they accurately reflect the current state of the property. My daughter loved the playground, and I appreciated the warmth and cleanliness of the heated pool. The short path to the Saco River led to some very scenic areas, including several spots with chairs to sit and take in the views.

The location was perfect for access to Attitash and Storyland (for those who've never been to the latter before, trust me, you don't want to be trying to go left on 302 towards North Conway at the end of the day!), with numerous restaurants nearby. As the icing on the cake, the property owners were extremely friendly and helpful...and spoke perfect English, unlike has been indicated by some here who seem to have given the motel poor reviews based solely on racist motivations. We're a family that prefers budget accommodations so we can spend more money on activities, so we're thrilled to have discovered the great value the Villager Motel offers!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family