“Sweet Little Discovery”
Review of Casey's

Casey's
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Zephyr Cove
Reviewed 1 October 2017

On a recent trip to South Lake Tahoe, husband and I were looking for somewhere to eat breakfast away from the crowds around the casinos. We headed towards Round Hill Mall on the eastern side of the lake and glimpsed the Casey's sign that it was open for breakfast. It turned out to be a sweet little discovery--friendly and attentive staff and the biggest 2-egg omelettes we've ever seen. Husband had a Denver omelette, which he barely finished (and he's a big eater!), and I made a small dent in my vegetarian omelette. Could be that our breakfasts also came with a crepe with lingonberry jam that was so good it was gone in seconds. Our waitress confirmed that their fluffy omelettes were indeed made with 2 eggs. Glad we didn't order the 4-egg omelettes! The restaurant is named after the owner's beloved dog, Casey. How sweet is that.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Came here for business lunch. Ordered Pastrami Sandwich and soda. Great sandwich.
Service was OK because it was close to 12:00 noon. Price was reasonable. There are outdoor seating, if you prefer. Get there before 11:40 and you'll be OK.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Always our favorite place to meet up with family or friends for drinks, appetizers, & food. Comfortable & friendly atmosphere and good food always dependable

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I reviewed this diner about a year ago but I feel the need to update that review. My wife and I were there Saturday night August 25. When we walked in the door there was two staff members behind the counter doing something on the cash register. After we walked in a couple came in behind us followed by another couple. We were standing in the door way with really nowhere to go. So to make room I grabbed a couple of menus and went into the dining room where another party was sitting. I was simply trying to be out of the way and not have them stop working behind the counter. Let me also mention here I am not only speaking as a reviewer but also as a restaurant owner. I put customer relations right up there with food quality. In other words both are very important. The waitress (Owner) came in to service the party seated next to us she came back bringing what the needed then came over to our table and in front of the other people seated there proceeded to chew me out for sitting down at that unoccupied table, I mean in a very rude fashion to the point that when she walked away the party sitting next to us said "How Rude." There was no reason to take that approach with anyone. I did not damage anything I simply sat down. I caution anyone going there, my wife asked if one of our friends had a run in with her. I took defense for the restaurant because it just did not seem like they are that way. Well she is and she has lost my business for ever, along with that the business of people I am bringing to Lake Tahoe over the next 3 months. We had planned on having dinner there tonight and lunch tomorrow and possibly Monday. There was no reason to speak to a customer in that way. She can justify it all she wants to her employees and such but if she worked for me and I witnesses this bizarre exchange, she would be a former employee. I wish no ill will for them but NEVER will I step foot in that place again and you may want to keep that in mind. NO EXCUSE FOR THAT EXCHANGE. I did walk out when she went back to get our drinks and will not be back. I am not your child do not speak to me that way

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went there for breakfast this morning and just went back for a snack. Deborah was our server this morning and was great. Breakfast was good and reasonably priced. We had the lettuce wraps this afternoon and they were spectacular. Kinda sad this is our last day in Lake Tahoe as we would definitely go back tomorrow if we could. Would definitely recommend Casey's as a relaxed place to go for drinks and food.

Date of visit: August 2017