1,048 results
All reviews old west mining town claw foot tub restored hotel antique furnishings pittman cafe modern amenities coffee service nevada desert fifth floor jack dempsey hotel restaurant lobby bar resident ghost lake tahoe queen room rooms are small
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I spent a delightful night at The Mizpah. The staff was delightful and gave each of my dogs a treat bag (biscuits, toy, poop bag, and piddle pad). The room was clean and well decorated. There is a great pizza place across the street, and I felt safe walking my dogs at night. There is a dirt area behind the hotel that I was able to let me dogs off leash.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Ecbenton,
So glad to hear that you and the puppies had a great time with us. Our sister property does indeed have some great pizza and other selections as well. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I spent five nights inside of room 502 at the Mizpah Hotel in Tonopah, Nevada. My experience, as always, was extremely enjoyable. I highly recommend this fine hotel to anyone wanting to treat themselves. Personally, I treated myself to five nights of ghost hunting upon their 5th floor; I had a lot of fun. The staff was happy to share their ghost stories with me and Shawn kept me supplied with coffee. "Thank you" to their wonderful employees for making my stay so relaxing. When you stay at the Mizpah Hotel, it's as if you are staying with family . . . .

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Clyde,
Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm so happy to hear that you felt as if staying with family. That is the ultimate compliment in our business. I believe I bumped into you as you were exploring the hotel and let me know that the 5th floor was most "active". We'll be sure to let Shawn know of your comments and please come back and visit with us again soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I have always loved staying at the Mizpah - ghosts and all.

This was always my go-to place to stay in Tonopah. I am such an historic hotel geek, it really is my kind of place. When they closed down a number of years ago, I felt like the heart of Tonopah had been ripped out.

Now, newly renovated and reopened since 2011, it still evokes the ambiance of the original 1900's grand hotel with all the velvet and crystal, high ceilings and brass beds. This is NOT a high tech, bells and whistles, all the modern conveniences hotel. There is indoor plumbing, central heat, and free wifi. There is also soft linens, comfy beds, clean rooms, and very congenial staff.

Rooms are small and electric outlets are limited, but better than some modern hotels I have been to. It is a little on the pricy side considering breakfast is not included in the room price. However, there is complementary coffee available in the common areas on each floor in the morning and the breakfast at the Pittman Room is very reasonable and quite good.

The bar area is comfortable and a great spot to have a drink, order a meal off the restaurant menu, and get to meet fellow travelers. It really does evoke a long ago era.

While I don't think it is quite four-star, I am a fan. Beats the creepy Clown Motel just down the road.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Nancy,
Thank you so much for you review and comments! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and restaurant. Please come back and visit with us again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We absolutely love this hidden gem. We stayed with our 2 year old Grandson and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The room we had was absolutely wonderful. The restaurant serves the best food. Tonopah and the Mizpah Hotel are just wonderful places to slow down and enjoy life.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit with us again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay whilst en route to Las Vegas on our road trip. The room was beautifully decorated and fitted in with the overall theme of the hotel. The room was clean and the bed comfy. The bar area was very good. We had the breakfast buffet and as it was Easter Sunday this was 16.99 with drinks on top. We found this to be quite expensive for what you got- no fruit, yogurt, cereals, bread etc. We would definitely visit again if in this area.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments and review. We look forward to seeing you back at the Mizpah again soon!