1,048 results
All reviews old west mining town claw foot tub restored hotel pittman cafe modern amenities coffee service fifth floor jack dempsey hotel restaurant lobby bar lake tahoe resident ghost queen room stayed one night shower curtain central nevada
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I have always loved staying at the Mizpah - ghosts and all.

This was always my go-to place to stay in Tonopah. I am such an historic hotel geek, it really is my kind of place. When they closed down a number of years ago, I felt like the heart of Tonopah had been ripped out.

Now, newly renovated and reopened since 2011, it still evokes the ambiance of the original 1900's grand hotel with all the velvet and crystal, high ceilings and brass beds. This is NOT a high tech, bells and whistles, all the modern conveniences hotel. There is indoor plumbing, central heat, and free wifi. There is also soft linens, comfy beds, clean rooms, and very congenial staff.

Rooms are small and electric outlets are limited, but better than some modern hotels I have been to. It is a little on the pricy side considering breakfast is not included in the room price. However, there is complementary coffee available in the common areas on each floor in the morning and the breakfast at the Pittman Room is very reasonable and quite good.

The bar area is comfortable and a great spot to have a drink, order a meal off the restaurant menu, and get to meet fellow travelers. It really does evoke a long ago era.

While I don't think it is quite four-star, I am a fan. Beats the creepy Clown Motel just down the road.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Nancy,
Thank you so much for you review and comments! I'm so glad that you enjoyed the hotel and restaurant. Please come back and visit with us again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We absolutely love this hidden gem. We stayed with our 2 year old Grandson and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. The room we had was absolutely wonderful. The restaurant serves the best food. Tonopah and the Mizpah Hotel are just wonderful places to slow down and enjoy life.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit with us again!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay whilst en route to Las Vegas on our road trip. The room was beautifully decorated and fitted in with the overall theme of the hotel. The room was clean and the bed comfy. The bar area was very good. We had the breakfast buffet and as it was Easter Sunday this was 16.99 with drinks on top. We found this to be quite expensive for what you got- no fruit, yogurt, cereals, bread etc. We would definitely visit again if in this area.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments and review. We look forward to seeing you back at the Mizpah again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Our stay was a wonderful experience. The hotel offers such a great historic ambiance, all period correct. The staff was super accommodating. The restaurant offers a comfortable setting and great food.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! We work hard to provide a great experience for all of our guests and I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience. Come back and visit with us again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

A fantastic hotel/restaurant/spa/a few slots
Quaint, Great food, Personable people. Karen (lunch time personnel) and John (GM) as well as all the staff where all fantastic and lovely.
This town is on the upswing!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us. I'll be sure to let the rest of the staff know of your compliments. Look forward to seeing you again soon!