“Ok for a meal without leaving casino”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe - CLOSED

Hard Rock Cafe
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: 6,225 feet above sea level in the Sierra Nevadas sits Lake Tahoe, spanning the bold state line between California and Nevada. With a leg on either side of that divide, you can bet this popular resort area has a slightly split personality. Roughly half the visitors here plan to kick back California-style on the side that bears the Golden State's name, to engage in low-key sightseeing, hiking, fishing, camping and boating, while the other half heads straight for Nevada, and all that that name heralds. Ritzy attractions, big-name entertainment and the lure of the jackpot beckon at abundant glittering casinos there, so, what? You can't decide? Ehh - don't sweat it. We've struck a happy balance for ye of many interests. The Hard Rock Cafe Lake Tahoe is located in Harvey's Resort and Casino, just 5 minutes from Heavenly Ski Resort and only 1,000 yards from Lake Tahoe itself. So whether you gamble your money in casinos or your life on the mountains, the Hard Rock Cafe Lake Tahoe is the perfect place. Our Alpine ski lodge decor makes you feel right at home if you're ready to relax, but if gaming the night away is more your style, our triangular bar in the restaurant's center features 18 video poker machines to make you feel like a real high roller. And if you've worked up an appetite from all this, you better believe you've come to the right place. Nevada Magazine rated Hard Rock Cafe Tahoe the #1 burger in the state! So step inside the Hard Rock Lake Tahoe and walk the state line for a rocking great time.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Pricey place but one of a handful of places to eat in Harvey's. Had the bbq ribs platter. They were fine but the cook should take off the cartilage at the end of each bone. I almost choked and it made the meal tedious. Our server was friendly and food came out quick.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

very nice hotel/restaurant. Very similar to the others if you've been to one. The staff was very good though. Just something about the people that work in Lake Tahoe that creates a good experience. The food was average and priced ok...the service was excellent...we will probably go back if we want to eat before or after we go to the casino

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Had hoped to have a brunch but missed the timings and so ended up in the cafe

Server was attentive but we were the first order of the day

Food as expected

Cocktails were awesome - we did not go for the souvenir options but still tasty

Reviewed 11 March 2018

The food and service was great. So much so that we ate there both of the nights we stayed. Love the music! Would recommend it to all!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Food can occasionally be forgotten when visiting a casino and be unaffordable after a few hours of gambling. However, the food and affordability of the Hard Rock were both excellent. A friend and I DROVE up to Tahoe from Vegas (Don't do that. I won't again!) and after getting settled in the hotel, we made our way to dinner. I had the Original Legendary Burger and it is just as pictured on their menu, but about three inches taller than you could possibly stick in your mouth. It was very tasty and cooked just a bit under what I thought I ordered. The medium well would still have been quite pink and juicy. Everything else that came with was very good as well, with the possible exception of the special catsup it came with - an acquired taste, I believe. My friend had the Pulled Pork Sandwich and had I known how good that looked I would have ordered it instead. Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant.

Jim R, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hi Gary B

Thanks for the awesome review! I'm glad you had a great time. Our burgers are fantastic! Please stop in next time your up at the lake. See you soon!

Jim