4,686 results
All reviews lake tahoe full bathrooms separate bathrooms friday's station food court forest buffet american river cafe diamond lounge top floor slot machines total rewards table games great room heavenly gondola casino floor hotel and casino sage room
Reviewed 8 January 2010

The gambling area looks old, like 1970's Vegas. When I first arrived my sheets had tons of random black hairs in them and I'm a blond. The towels were very old and smelled badly, not mention they had strings hanging off of them. The TV's seem old and out of date. I got ready and geared up to go to the indoor pool which was very gloomy, dirty and carpet all around the pool. Strange. Who still has carpet around the pool? The spa looks gloomy and old as well. Not to mention the spa is really over priced. Save your money there are pleanty of beautiful cabins and smaller resorts around here that would offer you equally as beautiful of views.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank laurac1031
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Harrah's gets an A+ for customer service. Cheaptickets overbooked at another hotel I made a reservation at. It was 2 a.m. after a very snowy drive going 15 miles an hour we show up at Highland Inn and the owner yelled at us because it was late, and was not sorry at all that they didn't have a room for us. He continued to yell in gibberish and refused to help us. I had already booked a night at Harrah's the following evening, so with nowhere else to go we just went there and I asked Leanette at the front desk if she could look up the number for cheaptickets so I could call and get it situated. She allowed us to check in at 3 a.m. for the room I had booked for the following evening and did not charge any extra fee.

There are his and her bathrooms which really made things easy and convenient. The only bad thing I would say is the TVs are VERY out of date and if you are paying upwards of $300 for a room I would think plasma TVs would be in the room. But it really didn't affect my trip I didn't come to South Lake to watch TV.

Thank you Harrah's! Leanette deserves a bonus and if everyone in the service industry had her customer service etiquette, traveling would be so hassle free.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EliSnow
Reviewed 11 December 2009

We had a great time in November! My third time there and can't wait till the next trip. Staff was wonderful. Though there are alot of events for young adults, we seniors have a ball too.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2009

spent 5 days and 4 nights complimentary room and air from Philadelphia, Pa. to Harrah's Lake Tahoe, great offer you would think. I can't fault Harrah's for the airline problems experienced getting there but everything I read in other traveler's reviews that were negative I did experience. I travelled over 2000 miles to see roof and mountain tops from my 5th floor room ( is there a lake out there?) and the elevator noise and the smoke. The room was nice and the restaurants and service were very good. Did I mention the smoke.....everyone there smokes cigarettes....if you are a smoker you will love the casino floor. I had to leave machines and tables constantly due to other people's smoke and if you ask why I harp on the smoke...because I am an ex-smoker who had vascular surgery due to my 40 year smoking habit...yes once was enough.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ex-Diamond
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Hotel at Harrah's Lake Tahoe is not at all what is all built up to be.
first time I ever stayed there was a true dissapointment with the staff and room and the supervisor Jeff was rude he said an inappropriate remark to me which I was highly offended, need he be reminded, that bands is what brings in the people too not just gambleing that stay at this crummy hotel, not to mention the rooms are just overpriced and is in need of a desperate make over and rooms are smelly and not thoroughly cleaned and staff is not flexiable on making their guests happy, Their popular word is NO! in their vocabulary
if you need a place to stay in Tahoe , Don;t stay at Harrah's, My experience was bad and management did not care to make it right , I will not stay there ever again , even if my favorite band plays there I will stay somewhere else.
People beware. The room I stayed in made me sick because there was no proper air flow the room was extremely hot the air conditioner was not working properly, And I have high blodd pressure which I nearly passed out from lack of oxygen. Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo