All reviews lodging experience power strip pet fee in house restaurant front desk staff reward points lower floor bed was comfortable excellent stay downtown reno long walk shuttle nugget nevada walmart uber
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

Respectable place, has a pool, a restaurant and a bar, a laundry place, gym and also good parking. There is a Mexican food place next door and Denny's next to it so food is close by.rooms are fairly spacey. There is no free breakfast available with the room which is a drag.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2016

They have signs in place indicating the beginning of an upgrade that is certainly needed; there was no evidence that the upgrade had commenced.

The hotel has nine floors and two elevators that worked efficiently and smoothly. I never had to wait long after calling the elevator. I also found the hotel to be very quiet and did not hear much from any other occupants. I was not on the top floor and there were children in a room two doors down that were enjoying the hotel experience! I am very sensitive to noise and was concerned based on other review comments but that concern was needless.

Our king bedded room was large and included an easy chair and ottoman. The need for renovation was evident in the room as the furnishings were looking shabby, reflecting the impact of years of nightly occupants. Everything seemed clean, the bed was comfortable, with smooth linens, and the shower glorious as it had a nice strong, but not punishing, stream. The water was also very hot and no warming up was needed.

I found that the AC blew across the bed and we had to build a dam of pillows to attempt to divert the air as I cannot sleep with cold air blowing in my face.

Two issues:

Internet - The internet was the second worst (after Green River UT) that I’ve encountered in the last 100 or so hotel stays. We struggled with inconsistency most of the evening to the point where Chrome continually told us that we’d lost our internet connection and suggested killing the process(es). The hotel staff rebooted the router and suggested we shut down our computers (both Macs) to see if that would help. None of those efforts worked for long but we did get about 15 minutes of response that was deemed adequate for drawing web pages before everything bogged down again. I discussed this with management and they responded favorably and said they’d be researching the matter.

Breakfast - We were at breakfast at 0700 and didn’t get our food until 0740 as the restaurant was woefully understaffed. There was one server and, assumedly, one cook for about 10 tables. Everything came out slowly and it delayed us getting on the road. The server seemed to be hustling as best she could and a bus boy was trying to assist but the wait was almost painful. The food was OK once it arrived and I really enjoyed the diced potatoes with onions and peppers as they were well seasoned and overcooked (which is the way I like breakfast potatoes). I also mentioned the lengthy wait times experienced in the restaurant with management and, again, they seemed to take the issue seriously.

This hotel has lots of potential and I will give them another try the next time I am in the Reno/Sparks area.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Reno-Sparks, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Dear AGoingGal,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you liked our rooms and I am sorry if your stay was negatively affected by the hotel's internet and breakfast. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 July 2016

We spent a night here while heading cross country and slept well. We were supposed to have breakfast included in our stay and I had booked a room for three adults so was surprised when the clerk said that breakfast was only for two people. You actually get a voucher for $10 per person for their restaurant and with coffee and juice you could already have over half your breakfast money gone and breakfast entrees start at $8, so I wouldn't really call this breakfast included! We spent the rest of our nights on the road at Best Westerns, where breakfast really is included! We also were pulling a trailer behind a U-Haul which we parked in a lot next to the hotel which is for oversized parking, I didn't feel like the unit was particularly safe if someone had wanted to access it.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 7ContinentsExplored
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

I joined up with a friend's family road trip in Reno. I booked a room here on points. The room was nice, clean, comfy and quiet. The location is convenient and the hotel offers and airport shuttle - though I forgot about it and took an Uber. :-) Free parking. Easily accessible.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

At the front desk they were very accommodating and helpfull. We booked on points and we got a nice quiet room on the 9th floor. We had a nice view of the city.

The room was clean. It was equipped with a fridge and microwave.

They don't have complimentary breakfast but they have a nice restaurant.

The entrance and common areas are wide and clean. The rooms was more on the older side, but clean and spacious.

They have self laundry. Only 1 Washer and dryer located on the 9th floor.

They have complimentary coffee at the lobby.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family