All reviews continental breakfast central courtyard bbq area bedroom unit new carpet full kitchen living area fitness center comfortable bed enjoyed our stay fireplace checkin laundry dryer couch housekeeping
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I understood what I was getting in to and it lived up to the ratings and reviews. I get that this place was like hoteling in the 80's but really we are in 2018! The whole place or at least what I experienced needs some serious injection of capital. I was on the second floor of my building and felt several times I was going to fall through the outside walkways! Had the same feeling when I was taking a shower as the whole tub creaked, yikes. The furniture was out of the 80's as was the carpets and colors. The WiFi was free and was sporadic at best, regularly waiting for things to load up. Oh the checkin was super high-end, pick up the phone and call the someone who then eventually came onto the TV screen in front of you. No real signage telling you this was how you checkin! LoL Several people didn't know what to do. The pool area was fairly small for such a large complex and was always full and never relaxing so was rarely an option. I don't regret the experience just would not want others to expect more than it really is.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank EJ B
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Very inexpensive, most rooms are really like a bedroom condos. They have a nice living room, kitchen and dining area. Very large bathroom and large bedroom. They are older and a little worn around the edges but very clean and in a good location. They also accept dogs which is nice.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 31 July 2018

We've stayed here for the last two summers and each time we stayed, the pool and hot tub were closed for one reason or another. We usually have family and kids who look forward to the pool and once again this year, the pool and hot tub was closed. They don't seem to care about the fact that you're paying for the stay, they just tell you "its one of those things." I will not recommend this place unless you want to spend your time waiting for the pool/hot tub to be fixed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We were given a room in an old and seemingly unused area of the "resort". Pool and hot tub were under construction. The beds were old, and the sofa-bed was all bent out of shape. We had to argue for a partial refund when we left after one night.

Stayed: April 2018
3  Thank Gail Z
Reviewed 30 June 2018

I really can't say enough good things about the Thunderbird Resort Club. My wife and I and two of our friends, just spent a week at this resort. We were hesitant about staying there because we had read some bad reviews. I totally disagree with these bad reviews. The Resort was truly wonderful. It is in a great location. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. Our room was clean and nice, and the bed was great. We had one of the smaller rooms but it had everything we needed. One of the best things about this resort are the events. There was an event almost every day. We attended a breakfast, a brunch, a barbeque, an ice cream social, and a hotdog & beer night. There was plenty of food and everything was delicious. We met some lovely people at the events and truly enjoyed ourselves. The pool and hot tub were awesome. We didn't use any more of the amenities, because we were out sight seeing every day. We had our service dogs with us, and the resort had a big area where we could walk them. Additionally, Reno has many beautiful parks and dog parks, and Sparks has an awesome Marina with a beautiful lake. Reno is truly one of the best kept secrets ever. We all had a great time and will definitely stay at the Thunderbird Resort Club again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends