“Unsanitary packing of go box”
Review of Stone House Cafe

Stone House Cafe
Ranked #27 of 948 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: USD 6 - USD 38
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open Seven days a week serving breakfast till 4pm lunch till 4:30 and dinner and dinner till 9pm except Sundays and Mondays 8pm. We are in a quaint 1920 Rock House located minutes from Downtown, with a cool Rock n Roll Poster collection on the walls and warm colors surround you. Gourmet all day with menu items that will awaken your palate with imagination and flavor. The selection is mind boggling and unique so everyone in your party will find the perfect dish to order. Fresh Fish, Lamb, Steaks, Tapas, oysters, burgers, sandwiches and salads galore. Breakfast and lunch all day is very popular since we are a 24 hour town. The outdoor Patio is like being in European garden where each dining area has it's own ambiance surrounded by flowers and trees. Truly beautiful
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Stone House on July 26th for an early dinner.We had mixed drinks, wine, main courses and desserts.Everything was good.I had ordered the bananas foster bread pudding and wanted to take the leftovers home. Paul, the waiter, lifted the pudding from the plate to the box, and in doing so, he dropped it on the metal table.He then picked it up with his fingers and placed it in the go box.After seeing the expression in my face, he told me he would give me a new piece.
Needless to say, when I went to open the box the next day, there was no new piece.It was the leftovers that had been dropped on the table and handled by Paul with his fingers.
This is not done in restaurants because it is highly unsanitary. I don't know if we will be back to the Stone House.

There are newer reviews for Stone House Cafe

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I cannot say enough good things about Stone House. While visiting the Reno area our family introduced us to this place for breakfast and it was so good that we came back the following day for lunch. They offer a wonderful outdoor patio scattered around pretty gardens with beautiful plants and fountains. Umbrella tables provide cool shade on hot days. The breakfast menu is extensive with many options, even fruit smoothie drinks. Everything sounds and looks good. The waffles and French toast are both great choices. The portions here are generous and everything we ordered was delicious. Prices are reasonable and plates can be split. The lunch menu had some amazing salad and sandwich options. The lamb burger was delicious! Service here is excellent as food is delivered fast and hot. The patio atmosphere is wonderful so I would plan on spending a leisurely time for your meal. Stone House also has a full bar so you can order a tasty specialty cocktail or glass of wine with your meal. It is all good here !!! They do have indoor dining but not nearly as lovely as the outdoor areas. There can be a wait to get a table but worth the time to stick around.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Stone House is consistently good. Only gave 4 stars because service from the kitchen was uncharacteristicly slow. But the calamari was cooked to perfection and the pizza flatbread was nice and crisp. Stick to wine or their stylish cocktails. They may use artisanal tonic water in their gin and tonic because it did not taste like the classic drink. The value menu 3-6 PM at $5.50 for selected items is the way to go especially if you just want to grab a bite. Lots of umbrellas outside but at 98 degrees it was not that comfortable even inside. Parking has a spill over lot and there are a few spots on the street.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Great place to have a 5 hour lunch with friends only when coming in late after the lunch crowd. Owner is very hospitable. Pizza was to die for. Ahi salad (tuna) was a killer says my wife. Desserts are the best no matter what you want, When in Reno you have to try #stonehousecafe.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Party of 4, we had reservations and were seated on the patio immediately. Very pleasant, sun just falling behind the trees. Moderate street noise (some irritating motorcycles though.) attentive service, drinks good. 1st courses - soup, crab cakes, frites very nice. Main courses outstanding: The special paella was distinctive, the scallops nice, the Ahi tuna just right. 1of our party had the seared ahi tuna salad as a main course-also seared just right. Prices very reasonable. I'm sure we will be back!