15,688 results
All reviewsbowling alleysummit roomsdriving rangejohnny rocketsmovie theaterget awaynice roomslot machinesnon smokingbuffetfuncasinorimlarrygamblingcafestarbucks
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I had the Best Experience at Grand Sierra Spa!
My Business motto is “work never sleeps”
I was fortunate enough to have had business at the Grand Sierra Resort. I desperately needed R + R and these technicians delivered! Above and beyond service and attention! Thank you! You made my trip incredible!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
GSRCustomerCare, Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Diana I,

Thank you for taking the time to give the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino a 5-star review! We are elated to hear about your experience with Sonny and Michelle. We have passed on your kind feedback to management so Sonny and Michelle can receive the recognition they deserves. We are very lucky to have them on our team. We are looking forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I travel extensively and rarely write a critical review. I just go with the flow. Unfortunately I couldn’t let this one pass. After traveling literally all day from Newark to Reno (weather delays) I landed in Reno at midnight and proceeded to check in to my hotel grand Sierra resort). Or at least so I thought... after waiting in line for 20 minutes the sole person at the desk told me that they were all booked and I would have to wait outside for 20 minutes and they would give me a voucher for a holiday inn. Now mind you that I booked directly with the hotel with a guaranteed reservation. The grand Sierra must have a few thousand rooms. No way were they completely booked. I asked to talk to a manager but none could be found. Once again this is ludicrous- no resort this size is without a night manager. My guess is he or she was hiding. I asked for a refund and was told to come back tomorrow. Seriously? This is the equivalent of theft.,
This place clearly does not care about repeat customers, and neither I or anyone of my employees will ever set foot in here again.
The story has a good ending. I went out got a cab and this wonderful cab driver called around to find me a hotel. I ended up at Atlantis where they treated me with respect.
So much for booking direct and expecting the hotel to fulfill their contract.
Regards
Weary traveler

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank 1RAF336
GSRCustomerCare, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Robert F,

We appreciate you taking the time to submit this review. We are very sorry about your experience here at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino. Please accept our sincere apologies for the less than professional service you received due to our oversold situation. We have sent you a private email addressing your concerns. We realize this impacted your experience and we would like to sincerely apologize. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Arrived for a one (1) night stay to visit our son at Univ. of Nevada. Travel quite a bit so familiar with the standard rooms out there. Jokingly asked for an upgrade and Deborah R. at the GSR Front Desk made a few adjustments, spoke to Ryan (Desk Mgr.) and made it happen!! Five (5) stars for a great stay and for the great (also very kind) service that Deborah provided!! Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear theduke888,

Thank you for taking the time to give the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino a 5-star review! We are elated to hear about your experience with Deborah R and Ryan. We have passed on your kind feedback to management so Deborah R and Ryan can receive the recognition they deserve. We are very lucky to have them on our team. We are looking forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My friends and I usually gambles at different casinos. But GSR is one of the best place to play table games at. We played on the roulette tables. Our dealer's name was Rafael. He's such a nice and funny guy to have as your dealer. The Pit Boss Miguel was very nice and made us feel welcome. Not like some other casinos we went to (Silver Legacy). The Pit Boss seems like they are bothered by them being called to track your card from gambling. Miguel, once called by Rafael to track our card, came right away and greeted us with a friendly smile and seemed very sincere. GSR should really be proud of these 2 gentlemen for making their casino a great experience to gamble in. Even though we didn't win on the roulette table. We didn't feel bad or thought that Rafael were trying to make us lose our money. GREAT JOB, GUYS!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
GSRCustomerCare, Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear esturtevant68,

Thank you for taking the time to give the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino a 5-star review! We are elated to hear about your experience with Rafael and Miguel. We have passed on your kind feedback to management so Rafael and Miguel can receive the recognition they deserve. We are very lucky to have them on our team. We are looking forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed at GSR several time, normally during the Reno rib cook off in late August. It’s been awhile since I’ve made a trip to Reno so I didn’t know if they changed anything around. We got there and was greet by valet service who also helped bringing our bags up to the room. Check in was easy but I booked a room lower than I wanted. In the past I’ve stayed above the 25th floor which I knew to have free breakfast and free cocktails late afternoon. I upgraded to the room I wanted. The room was very clean, bathroom was so nice and spacious and the view of the mountains from our room was beautiful. I was a little disappointed to find out the free cocktail lounge was not in service and only did free breakfast. GSR is nice cause it has everything you need and don’t have to leave if you don’t want to. Plenty of family entertainment. Slots and tables are fun. I won on slots so I was happy. I was disappointed that the non smoking section doesn’t have any barrier to keep smoke it, I was playing basically next to someone smoking. We ordered in room breakfast one morning, it was so good and was brought quickly. On check out day I ordered a bell hop to help bring bags down but the person who took the order never put my name down so I waited 45 to call back thinking they were busy just to find out I had no one coming. The bell hop showed up shortly after and helped out. Check out and valet service was quick and easy.

Overall I enjoyed our stay and will go back when in reno.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
GSRCustomerCare, Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Josiah L,

Thank you so much for visiting the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino and sharing your review. It is a delight to know how much you enjoyed our resort. We truly appreciate the excellent rating you have awarded us and hope to see you again soon.