“Delicious food and a good happy hour”
Review of Wild River Grille

Wild River Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild River Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,029 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mill
Transit: The RTC Ride public bus system stops just a few steps from Wild River Grille, and the free RTC Sierra Spirit also has nearby routes convenient to the restaurant.
Description: Perfectly positioned in the very heart of Reno on the Truckee River, Wild River Grille provides warm, attentive service in a sophisticated but relaxed setting. Inspired by the region’s natural beauty the lush, woodsy interior provides an amazing setting or... enjoy the fresh air of Reno"s best patio on the famed Downtown Riverwalk. Executive Chef Joe Bell and Sous Chef Jessica Marrufo present seasonal and locally sourced menus featuring Nouveau American cuisine complemented by innovative comfort foods. The full bars offer a varied selection of wines from around the globe, refreshing beers, and handcrafted cocktails made from fresh squeezed juices and house liquor infusions. Next door, Wild River Grille’s sister restaurant, the River Room, offers a group-friendly, spacious interior, full bar,and décor that pays tribute to the city’s heyday. Wild River Grille serves lunch and dinner seven days a week starting at 11 am with live music nightly and Happy Hour Mon-Fri, 4-6pm
Reviewed 9 August 2018

This is the place to go when you want to sit on the patio and have drinks during happy hour. There are specialty drinks that are delicious and most appetizers are half off during happy hour. Located Right on the river walk!

1  Thank Melissanv

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We stopped in for a quick drink before a comedy show and enjoyed a couple of drinks. Looking forward to returning.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We were just passing through Reno on a quite Sunday afternoon and we stopped by.
The waitress, Korey, was very attentive, we got our food order right away. The restaurant had a variety of dishes from chicken to shrimp. We ordered a BLT sandwich and a pork belly Bahn’Mi. They were both pretty good. The fresh squeezed lemonade was a plus.
The restaurant has an outdoor space too with live music that started around 2.15 pm.

1  Thank Pilare T
Reviewed 27 July 2018

I admit that I read the reviews for the restaurant and they could be quite mixed, so I was hesitant to make a reservation here. I was in Sparks for a convention and desperately wanted to get out of the casino/hotel and try food at a REAL restaurant. I had a group of 9 people and wanted us all to have a memorable meal. WIld River Grille did not disappoint. Alex, our waiter, was personable and efficient. He was able to make recommendations on items on the menu. I started with a margarita, then moved to the French onion soup. I also was able to try the bruschetta, clams and ahi tuna appetizers. All were delicious. For my entree, I had the pan seared duck breast with parmesan risotto cake with a mango glaze. I was a little disappointed by the small size, but glad I had an appetizer. Dessert was the Truckee river mud cake (a warm brownie with a Klondike bar on top with chocolate, caramel & whilped cream).

The outdoor seating with a view of the river, some live music that was soft and not intrusive, made for a wonderful night for our group. The staff all worked very well together to move things along quickly but without feeling rushed. They had several other large parties from the same convention and we never saw them sweat! Great job!

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 24 July 2018

When I travel, I always love finding a good place to eat (who doesn't) and let people know how great it was. So, of course, I just had to write about the Wild River Grille.

We had a lovely table along the River walking path. Since it was more than 20 years since I had been to the area, I was thrilled with all of the improvements and how the dining along the water was such a lovely setting.

There were 4 of us, and all family, so we ate family style and tried 4 different lunch options. The Seared Ahi Salad, Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos, Chicken Salad Wrap, and Sauteed Shrimp Sandwich.

Everything was so fresh and I truly couldn't tell you what I liked more! Of course if you are a fan of Ahi, I recommend you try that for sure, and those Taco's were huge and filled with delicious Mahi Mahi, and are great for a split with sides. We totally enjoyed the atmosphere, wait staff was excellent, and prices were comparable to the area.

I highly recommend this restaurant in Reno!

Been to Wild River Grille? Share your experiences!