Open today: 1:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Review Highlights
Pleasant but a tad too pricey

Reviewed 20 July 2016

from USD 68.00
from USD 29.99
from USD 239.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

This is my favorite bar in downtown. Whenever I have the chance i go and unwind. Love the place and bartenders.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I have been here by myself, I have been here with friends and I have been here to get wine when eating at one of the restaurants in West Street Market.

The atmosphere is very comfortable and casual. Rick, the owner, is very knowledgeable about wine and will help you make a decision on what will go with a particular cuisine (think the vegetarian Indian food next door) and what will please your palate. He can be a bit bit gruff, but he knows what he is serving and does not carry the same old wine that everyplace else has.

During nice weather, the front of the bar is opened to the sidewalk and you can sip and watch the world go by. You can also order from any of the restaurants and eat in the wine bar, or eat in the large common area and purchase wine by the glass, carafe or bottle to have with your meal.

I love stopping by and meeting friends here and trying something very good and very different. It is one of my favorite neighborhood spots.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

My niece and I each had a nice glass of wine and shared a small platter of cheese. Emphasis on the "small". Cheese was good, and the proprietor opened the garage door to give us the fresh air feel, but it just felt a bit over priced at about $30. Ambiance was pleasant, save for the times random pop cans and cups would blow by in the street.

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

This is a nice little wine bar with an eclectic mix of domestic and imported wines. All are sold by the glass, 1/2 carafe and bottle. The problem is the service. The owner or server, whatever his title, is dreadful. We mistakenly took the chair from a customer who had left the counter so when we moved the server threw the menus at us. That was about the most interaction we got while we sat and drank our wines.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

This is a very nice little wine bar with access to food at two next door restaurants. The problem is that the owner just isn't very friendly. Twice we have been there and he doesn't seem to enjoy answering questions or selling his wine. Both of us felt that way. We tried two wine flights which was fun but he wasn't to interested in describing the wines. He wasn't busy so not sure why he wasn't more friendly.. We won't be going back any time soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2015

Nice selection of wines that are reasonably priced. However, the bartender was so put out having to wait on us that we took our wine next door to drink. We could tell she didn't want us there.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

They have a good wine list. Almost too good for Reno. Some real nice, well-crafted wines. Many of them natural. And you can get food from Bowl next door.

Reviewed 21 January 2015

If you're tired of going to a restaurant or bar and seeing the same popular Napa/Sonoma wines on the list for wines by the glass, then give this place a try. The proprietor Rick, is a little on the quiet side until you get him talking about wines. He is happy to tell you what he likes and why and happy to help you search for the wine that he has which will fit your tastes. I drink a lot of wine and when I go there, I confess that I normally recognize less than half the labels he's pouring. That is what makes the place intriguing. It's not the same old stuff on his list that you see everywhere else. He's happy to give a little taste before you spring for a $14 dollar glass of something you think you'd like. I always appreciate that as well and would suggest this as a nice place to either start an evening or finish one in downtown Reno.

1  Thank traveloften028
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is located across from the Plaza by the River Hotel. Stumbled upon the gem by accident. The wine selection is excellent of course, but what blew us away was the craft & foreign beer selection! Our group of 4 were the only ones in there and had an great time chatting with the bartender. Through our conversations with her, she steered us to several other excellent beer locations.

1  Thank NORA K
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Went as part of the Reno beer crawl and found one of the best beers on the crawl- Brasser St. James porter. The only person working was too busy hitting on a blonde to pay attention to the dozen or so crawlers that came in while we were there.