“Vastly improved”

Ranked #15 of 948 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: USD 12 - USD 20
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Peppermill’s Island Buffet offers an abundant selection of hot entrees, carved meats, savory soups, fresh salads, several made-to-order specialties and home-baked desserts.
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We don't often do buffets and the last time we ate at Peppermill's we were not favorably impressed. Not so this time. We like to try many different foods and that is often why we just don't go. Too many tastes, we're full and not a lot of substance. Salad selections were many and fresh-tasting. We did not sample the Mexican selections, but they looked good with some unusual items not often found on a buffet. We enjoyed the Chinese selections we tried, especially the spring roll. My wife was very happy with the prime rib and pork ribs. My usual turkey, stuffing and gravy were just what the doctor ordered. Personally, I wish we could celebrate Thanksgiving every month. Topping it all off, we loved the key lime pie and gelato. If you haven't tried it recently, try again. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Island Buffet

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My brother, White Buffalo had accumulated a large number of Peppermill Casino points (he calls them comps) while gambling away his state dividend check. He used some of these points to treat us to a "free" dinner at the Peppermill Island Buffet. We are not fans of buffet style restaurants, but at White Buffalo's insistence, we gave the Island Buffet a try. These was a long line of people waiting to get into this restaurant, but based on White Buffalo's Peppermill Rewards Club status, we were able to be seated immediately. The first thing we noticed after being seated was the number of employees busily serving customers and keeping the restaurant clean and tidy. Our server immediately took our drink orders and explained the layout for the buffet options. As buffets go, the Island buffet has more choices then I had ever seen before. Everything we tried tasted fresh, particularly the seafood (I guess that's why they call it Friday Seafood Spectacular). We did enjoy our visit to the Island Buffet, and if you're a compulsive gambler like my brother White Buffalo, it certainly has benefits to be a member of the Peppermill Casino Rewards Club.

1  Thank Bigredmachine
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We stay at the Peppermill most of the times that we visit Reno. We eat at least one meal at the Buffet. This last time we ate breakfast. Great variety and the food is delicious! My favorite is the made to order egg scramble but there is something for everyone..whether you are a light or big breakfast eater.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Whether you want Chinese, Italian, Mexican etc food choices, they had them all. They had a great slide show of beautiful scenery from all over the world on these gigantic screens. Very pleasant way to relax and enjoy your meal at the same time. As in all buffets, some food were tastier than others just try small portions of different ones. You can always go back for more.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Good, but not as good as it was years ago. For the Reno area this is definitely one of the better buffets to go to. Paid for a party of 15 and they had no problem accommodating us on a Thursday evening. Not much of a line. However, Drink service was very slow. Nice layout & ambience. Shrimp were small for cocktail sauce dipping. Many dishes overcooked & dry (chicken enchiladas for one). Beef ribs were large, tender and meaty (bright star). My dessert, chocolate mint cake lacked flavor. Think, next time it will be the Atlantis.

Been to Island Buffet? Share your experiences!