“Awesome lunch”

Ranked #10 of 957 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet
Description: Toucan Charlie's serves up everything from salads and delicious desserts to juicy hand-carved meats and culinary delights from around the globe, the choices are practically endless. Enjoy made to order items like omelets and sizzling Mongolian BBQ in addition to traditional favorites like roasted and fried chicken and hand-carved Prime Rib.
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Our mom and and dad wanted a drive to Reno for a lunch buffet so I did some research and came up with good reviews for this place and it was available for lunch which many were not. We have buffeted all over Reno and Vegas and this was the best! The salad bar had many, many options and was very fresh! They even had Mongolian Barbecue which my husband loved. Of course they had Chinese and Mexican choices as well as a carving station. Chocolate mousse was good for dessert but the unusual thing was the cotton candy! We all loved it and wished we had room to try more. The staff was very helpful and attentive. Kept our glasses and cups full and the napkins coming!

atlantiscasino, Corporate Director of Food & Beverage at Toucan Charlie's Buffet at Atlantis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your dining experience at Toucan Charlie’s Buffet & Grille. I am thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your lunch due to the variety of our entrees and dessert selections but also the great service provided to you by our Toucan Charlie’s team. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Offers a very broad selection of food - I really liked the swordfish which was equivalent to a fine dining seafood restaurant - all of the selections looked good and one could sense the restaurant has good quality control. My only negative was too many choices. Service was fine - weeknight price was around $25 per person

Thank you for sharing your comments about your dining experience at Toucan Charlie’s Buffet & Grille. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the Swordfish and the quality of our culinary selections. I hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Very crowded, cattle call type of experience. Minimal items for salad. Big display of decorated cakes as you enter. Then as you go up for desert, you realize these cakes are NOT for the public. Some sort of advertisement.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your dining experience at Toucan Charlie’s Buffet & Grille. I apologize for the inconvenience. I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you. At your convenience, you may contact me at contact@atlantiscasino.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My family and I enjoyed this buffet. We came on a Saturday night for the seafood buffet. It is priced a few dollars more than other nights, but it was worth it. The crab legs and shrimp skewers were delicious. There were also oysters, mussels, and clams. Next to the seafood was the grill for prime rib, steak, turkey, chicken, sausages, etc. There was also an Asian station, Italian station and Hispanic station. At the Asian station, there were the typical Chinese foods like chow mein, fried rice, dumplings, sweet and sour soup, etc. There was also made-to-order pho and Mongolian stir-fry. At the Italian station, there was made-to-order pasta. At the Hispanic station, there was make-your-own tacos, burritos or quesadillas. The buffet had a limited selection of fruits, but had a big selection of desserts-- soft serve ice cream, gelato, cotton candy, chocolate fondue, pies, cakes, cookies, etc. We will probably come back on our next trip to Reno.

Thank you for posting your comments about your dining experience at the Toucan Charlie’s Buffet & Grille. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the variety and the quality of our culinary selections. I look forward to your next visit to Reno.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We have been twice to Toucan Charlie's in the last 30 days and each time it was Very Good. Only a few buffets in Las Vegas topped it and to us an Excellent rating.(Caesar's and Luxor). Toucan's seafood selections were outstanding. All were very good. We went on Monday for special locals' discount. Mongolian bar-b-que, Oyster Rockefeller very good, not as good as New Orleans, but no duh. Soft serve ice cream was outstanding. Pastries were average. King Crab legs were super. Overall + service of staff makes Toucan's the # 1 in Reno.

Thank you for sharing your comments about your dining experience at Toucan Charlie’s Buffet & Grille. I am happy to hear that you relished our culinary selections and that the service was great. I hope you will visit us again soon.

Been to Toucan Charlie's Buffet at Atlantis? Share your experiences!