“Best Prime Rib ever ”

Price range: USD 18 - USD 65
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Here, you can enjoy fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere. Located within the Bonanza Casino and adorned with a Southwestern decor, Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse specializes in USDA Prime-grade beef. Each of our dishes is prepared daily, using only the finest ingredients.A perfect complement to any meal, Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse offers a wide selection of fine wines as well as a variety of decadent desserts to top off the evening, prepared by one of our award-winning pastry chefs. With exceptional cuisine, first-class service and a comfortable and inviting atmosphere, it's no question why Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse was voted Best in Nevada eight years in a row by Nevada Magazine.Open Wednesday through Sunday, 5:00 - 9:00 P.M. Reservations recommended.
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

My wife had the “small” Prime Rib and I had the Blackened Prime Rib with Shrimp. Both were cooked to perfection. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been trying to get here forever. Finally made it. The steaks and atmosphere were very good. I have just a couple complaints. I don't like paying extra for side dishes. Baked potato, veggie, well you know. And when My lobster tail came my server was reluctant to pull it out of the shell for me. Although it wasn't hard to do; I thought it would have been nice not to have to take the chance of dropping it in my lap or floor. All in all it was good, but, Next time I think we will go back to the Western Village Steakhouse.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

My friends and I had dinner here over this past weekend (November 11, 2017) and I couldn't be happier that this was where we went. We were looking for the best steak and service in Reno and we found it!

As a Reno native, I've always loved the Bonanza Casino, and especially the Cactus Creek Steakhouse. I've always had great food and service but this past weekend impressed me more than ever. The front of the house was great, as always. Monty seated us quickly and Alexa took great care of us all night.

They've recently made a change in the kitchen and it shows! The new menu was well rounded and all of the food was top notch, even better than I remembered. We did not have a dish that was less than stellar between the 4 of us.

My 3 dining companions all had the filet and I had the New York. The steaks were all cooked perfectly and the butter sauce on my New York was out of this world! In addition, all dishes now come with a salad or soup and a side of veggies. Previously, this was all separate.

I strongly recommend ordering some of the optional sides. We had the mushroom potatoes, the Mac and Cheese, and the Corn Chutney. I used to order the potatoes au gratin off the old menu and they were my favorite side but the Mac and Cheese was even better. And the mushroom potatoes were an inspired potato dish.

Jason, the new chef, came out and chatted with our table a bit. Bonanza was smart to snatch him up. Not only is he a talented chef, he's clearly taking feedback and suggestions from the customers. I would have given Cactus Creek 5 stars before but now, with the addition of Jason, I'd give them more than 5 if possible.

Although the Bonanza is about 10 minutes from downtown Reno, it's 100% worth the drive.

I'll be coming back again very soon!

3  Thank twistedblonde369
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I took my group of friends a d family attending Hot August Nights for steaks at Cactus Creek Steakhouse & we all had a super meal!
You can get prime grade steaks at a reasonable price here, unlike most Steakhouses in the area.
Atmosphere is casual and service is very friendly and professional.
We stayed a few hours after at the Bonanza Casino to play single deck blackjack.....lotsa fun and the odds are good at this locals casino.
I do recommend Cactus Creek and Bonanza Casino if you are looking for a casual, fun, reasonable night out with the best steaks in town!

1  Thank ronald h
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We went to the Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse for a birthday celebration. First, the food was good, but the menu is ala carte. You can run up a large bill in a small amount of time. Second, the dining room was about half full, but it took a very long time for us to have our order taken, to receive our food, and then to get our bill. Third, when we placed our reservation, the lady asked if we were celebrating anything? I told her that we were celebrating a birthday. When we arrived at the restaurant, the server asked if we were celebrating anything? I don't know why they asked because nothing was said or done. We didn't want to make a scene, so we didn't say anything.

Been to Cactus Creek Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!