“Reasonable price, ok food.”
Review of Viet Pho Vietnamese Cuisine - CLOSED

Viet Pho Vietnamese Cuisine
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Not one of the best but good enough to satisfy your Asian craving.

Reviewed 2 November 2008

I had fairly low expectations of this location, especially since it shares a restaurant space with Port of Subs. I was hungry and had a coupon so I thought it could not be that bad. When you walk up to the counter, the first thing that gives you a glimmer of hope is the massive menu above the counter. I ordered my usual pho of beef ball and rare steak from the fast talking gentleman behind the counter. My girlfriend ordered the rice vermicelli with flame-broiled pork with eggroll. The first sign that something was amiss was the long time it was taking to get my pho. When it showed up it looked like there was just broth in it with a few green onions on top. I stirred it a bit and was woefully underwhelmed by the small bits of not rare steak and the 4 beef ball. Even the amount of rice noodles was lacking. The broth was a bit salty with not much flavor complexity or depth. The broth needed more bones and a few more hours of simmering. Te plate of bean sprouts, hot peppers & basil had very little on it as well. There just was not much in the $8 bowl to eat. I finished the pho more because I was hungry rather than enjoying a savory bowl of pho. My girlfriend's bowl showed up almost 7 minutes after mine. The bits of pork were gray and flavorless. The eggrolls, well that was another flavorless disappointment. If I did not have the coupon the bill would have been close to $22 with only tea and water for a beverage, not including the $0.50 debit card usage fee and the mandatory 15-20% tip. I am disappointed with this restaurant and do not recommend it to anyone. There is a much better restaurant to quench your Vietnamese hankering to the east on Plumb Lane.

3  Thank SteveHung