USD 103
USD 194
Renaissance Hotels
  • Restaurant
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
USD 90
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 107/night.

Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
USD 105
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 119/night.

Grand Sierra Resort and Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
USD 123
USD 148
Hampton.com
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa(Reno)(Great Value!)
USD 140
USD 87
Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
USD 82
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 105/night.

11,400 results
All reviewstuscany towerisland buffetcafe milanobiscottibimini steakhousefireside loungewest wingjacuzzi tubbeautiful roomcoffee shopget awaysports booknon smokingresort feelake tahoeslot machinesoceana
Washington
Reviewed 14 December 2004

We stayed two nights at the Peppermill and bought a very good priced package from Expedia. We came to Reno for a Big & Rich concert. The Peppermill is in a nice location and huge parking lot. No problems parking but they also offer FREE valet service. Our room was clean and comfortable beds and very quiet, which is really desirable because of all the machine noises downstairs. I am not fond of black carpet in a bedroom. We ate in the coffee shop two times and it was very good. The casino itself is huge and very very glitzy. Very bright and colorful...almost too colorful. None of us are smokers so that is definitely a negative-our clothes always stunk. But, all casinos are like that so if you stay in one, it goes with the territory. We are not particulary gamblers so we went skiing in Lake Tahoe for the day which was fantastic and beautiful, about an hour away and easy drive. We also drove to Virginia City for the afternoon, nice drive and lots of curvey roads. The town is commericalized. The swimming pool at the Peppermill is nothing to write home about, rather boring and it overlooks the parking lot. Would I stay there again? Probably not because the smoke, noise and lights got to us after awhile. I'd probably stay at simple place with no glitz.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 December 2004

My husband & I spent 3 nights in a grand spa suite 12/1 - 12/4. Sorry, but there was nothing grand about it. They promise more than they give. There are no safes, the ice machine in the room smelled, of the 2 TV's the largest might be 19". the other one is about a 5" bolted to the bathroom counter. I don't know what there opinion of luxurious linens are but I didn't find any, that also goes for the pillows. When we checked in we were told that we would be given a room with a lovely view of the city. We got a view of the loading dock (beep, beep truck backing up) & roof top of the other side of the hotel. I did call the front desk & I was told sorry but these rooms don't have safes etc. I told them to check their web site & their in house tv channel they are advertising that they do.
The room was clean, the steam shower was good & there were plenty of towels also good valet.
The White Orchard restaurant is wonderful & so is their Steak House, excellent food & service. However their coffee shop & breakfast buffet are not worth it. The staff is nice but the food is terrible.
We had these reservations for almost 6 months & we were looking forward to a great time as their web site promises unfortunately they promise more than they deliver.

• Stayed: December 2004
7  Thank Annieannie14
Reviewed 11 November 2004

My wife and I just returned fron a week-end in the Peppermill and after satying at several hotels/casinos this is the best i have ever stayed in. We had booked a spa suite which was the least expensive suite but when we arrived they had to upgrade us as it wasnt available. WE ENDED UP IN THE PENTHOUSE SUITE!!! Unfortunatley we had to move the next night but what the heck for one night it was really really good. When we moved the next day it was a bit dissappointing (smaller room but so was any other room in the whole building) the spa suite was still fantastic and the staff could not have been nicer. The casino was really quiet as there are no bells or change clnking in the metal pans from the slot machines. They use tickets which you can cash in using the machines or the cashier. The smoke is always a problem in Nevada but any casino is like that. Absolutely fantastic food, casino and rooms. I would reccomend to anyone!!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, Co
Reviewed 10 November 2004

We stayed at the Peppermil from Oct 25 - Oct 29th. We had a wonderful time. The staff are well organized and very helpful. We even received a follow up letter from one the executive hosts. This was our first time in Reno and may very well replace our annual pilgrimmage to Vegas. We were treated to a great many comps while there with the promise of future deals as well, (we did not even do all of our gambling at the Pepermill). The only area that needs some improvement would be the valet service. We had long waits for our car and were actually left standed with all of our bags when we first arrived. We stayed in an Imperial Suite and I would reccomend it to any one looking for a little pampering.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 November 2004

The Peppermill is very good at tooting their own horn, but leaves a lot to be desired in many respects. My wife and I booked a room for Nov. 5/6 online using hotels, and during the booking process we were offered an even lower rate. On the surface, that sounds good (the Peppermill website was also offering the same rate) but when we checked in we found that we had been assigned a room in one of the hotel's various "outbuildings", affectionately and collectively known as "the annex". There are numerous reviews of the property referring to "the annex" as the worst place in the hotel. I won't go that far, but it certainly isn't the best value in town.

I think we probably got the best of what's available in "annex accomodations", as the non-smoking building (building "G") is noteably nicer and quieter than the main "annex" building. We were a bit disappointed, as we were not told that we wouldn't be in the main building during the reservation process. The actual room wasn't that bad, the furnishing were clean and reasonably fresh, although the mirrors on two sides of the bed were a bit "much". I would highly recommend choosing a non-smoking room if one was making a reservation here.

Speaking of smoke, the main casino (which is a hike from the "G" building) is the most poorly ventilated building I have ever been in. There was more cigarette smoke in the place than Los Angeles has smog on a bad day. Even the coffee shop was full of it, even in the non-smoking section. Part of the problem seems to be the low ceilings, but air circulation is poor to non-existant. My eyes were stinging and both myself and my wife had difficulty breathing in there. We visited several other large casinos in the Reno area, and none were as bad as the Peppermill. The Atlantis casino (right down the street) is so well ventilated, I couldn't even smell any cigarette smoke at all, even though I could see people smoking in the casino. On a side note, the Atlantis even has a "non-smoking" casino section, which was very refreshing.

We were looking for a "deal on a room" in a nice place. What we got was an overpriced motel room next door to a casino. For the same money, I would stay at the Atlantis, or for a bit more, John Ascuaga's Nugget. Both are much nicer places.

In a more general "Reno" comment, many have mentioned the over-use of neon and mirrors. As a frequent traveller to Las Vegas, I can only say that most of the casinos (even the nice ones) in Reno are a bit overdone, and the Peppermill goes to the extreme. Virtually all major casinos in Vegas are more "tasteful" (albeit still gaudy) than the ones in Reno. It's like the Reno casinos are trying harder to "out do" their sister to the South, but have missed the mark in the process. Probably the only "good news" about Reno is that the same celebrity acts that play here, cost a lot less than in Las Vegas. We checked several acts that we have seen in Vegas and the ticket price in Reno was an average of 50% less. I guess you have to accept some of the bad to get some of the good.

• Stayed: January 2005