Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
USD 82
USD 170
USD 170
Grand Sierra Resort and Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
USD 110
Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
USD 108
  • Pool
Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
USD 91
USD 88
Agoda.com
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport(Reno)(Great Value!)
USD 92
Priceline
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
USD 111
USD 92
  • Pool
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa(Reno)(Great Value!)
USD 106
USD 93
USD 179
USD 163
Priceline
11,341 results
All reviewstuscany towerisland buffetcafe milanobiscottibimini steakhousefireside loungewest wingjacuzzi tubbeautiful roomcoffee shopget awaysports booknon smokingresort feelake tahoeslot machinesoceana
Reviewed 11 December 2011

If you are a smoker you will appreciate the Peppermill Hotel Casino in Reno. You don't have to bring cigarettes. Just breathe the air, anywhere in the hotel, and you get a good nicotine fix. I am not exaggerating. The hotel is seriously accommodating for smokers.

My Southwest vacation package emphasized to request a room upgrade to a spa room at the time of check-in with the promise that if one was available I’d receive it at no additional charge. I asked and was informed the upgrade room was available but there was an additional $50 charge. When I mentioned that I was informed the upgrade was free with my package – if the room was available – I was informed the room had been reserved and was no longer available. Imagine that! Ok, so I knew it was a con from the beginning. I was told my room would be upgraded (at no charge) to the tower. (They later called to inform me I was being charged an additional $12/day for hotel fees, etc. After talking with a few other guests it became clear that the Peppermill advertises low rates then dings its customers by charging for every other service.

The room was older but nice enough. As an “upgrade” it caused to wonder what the other room would have been like? The room was comparable to the MGM Grande in Las Vegas. Not a five star. But it was quiet, and reasonably comfortable. I enjoyed my picturesque view of the parking lot below. The room had an excellent ventilation system. I could smell the smoke from the hotel casino filtering all the way up to the 12th floor! Smokers will appreciate it. As for me, I prefer clean air.

The Peppermill has a unique strategy to saving water. They installed water saving orifices in the shower to reduce the water spray. Under high pressure, the super tiny shower sprays amounts to a feeling like needles stabbing you all over. To compensate for the showerhead the water pressure blasts you like a fire hose with the result being a feeling like you have been accu-punctured all over your body. (For some reason the hot water goes cold midway through the shower) You should plan on feeling itchy and red after stepping out of the shower. (The shower is provided at no additional charge)

As hotels go, I think there is a lot of room for improvement at the Peppermill. After spending in excess of 4k at the casino, I can only say for me, it wasn’t worth it.

2  Thank racerd0g
Peppermill_Director, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2011

Thank you for writing a review for us on Trip Advisor. We’re sorry that the air quality was not to your liking. We have installed the most up to date technology in air purification equipment throughout our resort including the smoking and non-smoking areas of the casino. We receive compliments daily from our non-smoking and even our smoking guests about how effective our smoke abatement systems are. As a matter of fact, smoke is just one part of what our air purifiers eliminate. They also kill any bacteria or viruses that may be in the air along with removing other particulate matters that find their way into our environment. We are currently adding even more of these units to further improve our air quality.
The special package that you booked with your travel agent required that you book a deluxe room to be upgraded into a Spa Suite. Unfortunately you booked an economy room that was not eligible for this upgrade. Your travel agent did phone us (at your request) to see if we would waive the resort fees and also confirmed to us that both the resort fees and the upgrade room requirement were well displayed in the package that you booked.
We did try and help out by upgrading you into the deluxe Peppermill Tower room free of charge and by waiving the resort fee for your first night with us. We always try to do the best that we can to make our guests comfortable and their stay enjoyable……..this is why we are Four Diamond.
Thank you again. We do hope you come back and give us another try.

Reviewed 10 December 2011

We recently spent a week at the Peppermill Hotel in Reno. This was our 5th time that we have stayed there this year (2011).
We have stayed in the Peppermill Tower and the Tuscany. Both are fabulous, and there are things that we like about both, so we will continue to swap off.
The staff are super friendly and go out of their way to make sure that we have a wonderful experience. The restaurants are the best. No matter what you are looking for, it is available at the Peppermill.
It was a little too cold to enjoy the pools this time, but we were so impressed by the size and beauty of the pool area.
I am always attached to my smart phone, and on this trip, I found that the reception has greatly improved. Not that it was bad before, but it is outstanding now. I had a great signal no matter where I was, and I didn't have to re log on every time I entered the building.

On this trip I found out about the great extent that the Peppermill has gone to go "green". They have gone the extra mile to tap in to the geothermal ground water to heat the hotel.
To me, a hotel that goes that far to do the right thing is top notch in my book.

There is no better place to stay while visiting Reno. I love staying at the Peppermill.

Room Tip: The Tuyscany tower is newer and absolutely beautiful, however we enjoy the large spa that we find in the Peppermill tower rooms
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The staff at the Peppermill is really friendly and so helpful. My one concern was regarding the cell phones and getting out in the casino. Verizon gets out everywhere in the building, T-Mobile is spotting in getting out and AT&T only gets out on the bottom floor. I found out that Sprint is putting in I believe a tower on the top of Peppermill so it will also be clear receiption.

The rooms are clean and the maid service is really helpful. When I took my marketing class many years ago, one of the points that was brought up by the teacher was to have the staff knowledgeable of the work place. We found this at the Peppermill.

Room Tip: If your going to Reno, I found that the Peppermill is the best for your money. The suites are great.
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We stayed in the North section in winter. Really nice decorations and amenities for a low price. Because it was winter and we stayed on the 2nd floor, the bath floor was really cold. The heater fan in our room was very loud so we had to turn off the heat at night in order to get some sleep. The snacks and drinks are out in the open and VERY expensive. That is a very tacky and low class thing to do to bring in more money. I would suggest they get rid of selling snacks in the room in order to bring the class up.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Peppermill_Director, Guest Relations Manager at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

Thank you for your review of us on Trip Advisor. We’re happy that you enjoyed your room and had a nice stay with us. Please be sure to let us know if you have any problems in your room with the heater and we will gladly have one of our engineers come and take care of it for you.

We provide a convenient snack tray and a beverage bar in our guest rooms for the many guests of ours that like to have an occasional treat at their fingertips. We also have a cover we can place on top of the snack tray if you’d prefer that as an option. Please call housekeeping and we will gladly come and cover this for you.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back soon at the Peppermill!

Reviewed 7 December 2011

My husband and I have been coming to the Peppermill for years. Way before the renovation. It has always had the most kind and friendly staff in the world. And I am not just talking about the reception area or the boutiques. I am talking about at the tables, housekeeping, restaurants, valet, just - EVERYWHERE !! Now with the renovation complete the rooms are fantastic and the improvements really make a difference. Food is great with a lot of variety all located right in the casino. Breakfast at the Coffee Shop is to die for. If you become a member the "perks" are just amazing. My husband and I are in the gold category, which is kind of in the middle but we are still treated like royalty. Thank you PEPPERMILL !! BTW - the only two improvements I could ask for is a shuttle to shopping (like to the The Summit) and of course letting me WIN more often!

Room Tip: Tuscany Tower is GREAT !!