“Business Lunch for One”

Viva Zapatas Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mexican restaurant, despite the video poker games emblematic of Sin City.
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I needed a lunch place while on a work trip and found myself here and it was very yummy.

The parking lot is kind of small but I came around 1:45 for lunch and found a spot in front. I was quickly seated and brought water, chips, salsa and a bean dip with a little cheese in it I think. Their chips tasted very fresh with a great crunch and the bean dip was a really nice surprise. The salsa had a touch of heat but not overly spicy and was a nice thick consistency.

Before my meal came out I also got a cup of fidello soup. I've never had it before and it was okay but I didn't finish it.

I ordered the combo with a chile relleno and a green chili pork burrito. It came out very quickly and looked really good. It also tasted as good as it looked. The chili relleno had a thin batter and a tasty sauce. It was also stuffed with oozy gooey cheese. The pork burrito was excellent too. The verde sauce had a little kick and the meat was very well flavored and still tender and juicy.

I was in and out in about 45 minutes and the service was quick and nice. The decor is also very good, done in a much more authentic and traditional style without the tackiness of some chain places.

I rarely crave Mexican food but I'd come back here and if you ever find yourself in the desert business centers of North Las Vegas, it's worth a try.

1  Thank speedracer211

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Great for work lunch and work parties. Food is tasty and authentic. I had a delicious chicken taco salad. Only regret is access and parking.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 23 August 2018

We went here for lunch on Sunday and the place was packed so we thought the food was going to be superb. Unfortunately, it was bland and unremarkable. Our server was very nice and I am sure the kitchen was backed up because of the crowd, but waiting 20 min for an entree at a Mexican restaurant is quite a long wait. Our entrees were so bland we barely touched them and they were no better as leftovers the next day. We will not be back. The food was expensive $50 for lunch for two with no alcohol!

1  Thank Donna W
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Food is really good. Staff is friendly and helpful. It has always a great place to go for a lunch or dinner with friends. Every dish we have had along with the fresh in house made tortillas has been good. The Iced Tea is the only thing they need to improve. Always told it is fresh brewed but taste day old or off from not cleaning the pot.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Great food and service. Large selection of tequila . Read the reviews on YELP and decided to give it a try. I will definitely be back. Close to Nellis AND, so not the best neighborhood. Small parking lot, but the food and service and entertainment all worth it. Prices are very reasonable.