“Bogey, I miss you ...”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Mafra, Portugal
“Bogey, I miss you ...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Casablanca Resort and Casino has been my hotel of choice when overnighting in Mesquite, Nevada, but when their lowest room rate was twenty dollars above the usual recently, I booked myself online into the Virgin River Hotel and Casino. One difference between the two was immediately apparent when I arrived, in that there was no valet parking (not a problem, but an early indicator of what was to come).The casino is reminiscent of those in Fernley, Nevada, where I lived years ago;several rungs lower on the ladder than that of Casablanca's, which has a Vegas feel.The room was bare bones. Having said all that, the staff was friendly, there was a good country band playing on this Saturday night, and the room was clean and quiet. Although I didn't eat there, the line was long to get into the restaurant buffet. One issue was that there was an extra charge of ten dollars for Internet access, which, had I opted for it, would have cut my twenty dollar savings over the Casablanca room rate in half. I decided to pass, using my Smartphone for any necessary email downloads. Would I stay again? Maybe. But I have a feeling Rick, that I'll be lookin' at YOU, kid, the next time I drive through town.

Room Tip: I was in building six, farthest from the casino, and felt pleasantly removed from the hubbub. It was...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TriciaPimental
RandyBlackSrCOO, Owner at Virgin River Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thanks for the review. Sorry to hear that you missed our valet parking it is available at the North entrance. Our sister property The CasaBlanca is a beautiful place to stay I agree.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Rifle, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Having stayed at the Virgin River in the past, I was pleasantly surprised by the new and much improved hotel room. The room was very clean, quiet and a great price. TV needs to be upgraded, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thanks, Glad you enjoyed the clean a newly remodled rooms. TV’s are next!!.
Syracuse,ut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Virgin River had clean rooms and looked like they had been newly remodeled with paint, carpet and bathroom floors. The beds were uncomfortable and had only a sheet with a very light blanket... no comforters which made it look and feel kind of cheap. The Tv looks like it was purchased in the 1970's... no remote! We had a group of kids above us and it was a noisy night. For the price, I would probably stay here again, but if I could get close to the same price elsewhere I would try somewhere different next time. On another note: The pool, hot tub area was fabulous and the kids enjoyed a lukewarm pool and 2 really nice hottubs! THe pool area was clean and had lots of lounge chairs!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for the review. Beds are a personal preference some are to soft and some to hard we try and be somewhere in the middle. Next time if you need a blanket or remote please call the front desk 24/7. I am very glad that you enjoyed our pool area that is open 365 days a year.
Invermere, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

This was the second time I have stayed here with my dog.
Great location for walking the pooch and lots of fellow canines to meet.
Good staff Very resonable rooms for the price.
The girls at the Starbucks outlet are great at 6:00 am
I don't gamble a ton and I find this casino to be very smoky sorry guys but I will now gamble across the street where the ceilings are much higher and I get far less second hand smoke.
Maybe you should consider making one of your properties smoke free in the casino as well you do realize that 75 % of the population don't smoke

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Ron L
RandyBlackSrCOO, Owner at Virgin River Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Thanks we have found that 99.9% of our pet families choose the Virgin River as their place to stay. As for the smoke in the casino areas we are currently installing a new filtration system that I am very confident that it will make a big change. See you soon.
Panguitch, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

We stayed at Virgin River for 2 night. The room cost was simple but clean. No frills, but the price was right! We stay at the Casablanca most of the time when we go there but there was same thing going on at that time prices where up and when you are on a budget you stay where you can afford it. the room had a funny smell to it but we went and but some room freshiner and spareyd the room TV is small and kind of old maybe 19" other than that like they say you get what you pay for are can afford.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review. Not bad rooms for the price; that’s us!