“A great stay on the Strip”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“A great stay on the Strip”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I spent my first ever weekend in Vegas April 6-8, 2012. I chose the Venetian based off of recommendations from friends, family and coworkers. While it's a little more pricey than some of the places you can stay in Vegas, I believe the cost is well justified. The rooms are huge. Two queen beds, totally comfortable, two flat screen TVs, a living room, pull out couch, and a nice view of Vegas. The bathroom is gigantic, with a tub and separate shower, and a separate room for the toilet. I spent a lot of time in the room, as I came down with food poisoning one of the nights, so me and that bathroom became pretty close.

The hotel itself is massive, and there is so much to see. We literally got lost walking around, but I guess that's kind of the point. The casino was clean, and the staff was friendly. I recently quit smoking, and I was pretty nervous about being surrounded by smokers and the smell of cigarettes, but the Venetian casino actually wasn't bad at all.

I will be going back to Vegas soon, as I feel like I missed out on so much from getting sick, and I will certainly look into getting a room at the Venetian again. It's at the heart of the strip, great location, and no complaints from this traveler.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank JohnnyBohemia
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

The Venetian|The Palazzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,801)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We love the venetian, everytime we go to Las Vegas, which is twice a year at least! We prefer to stay here, we always get offers (free staying) from different hotels, but we love and prefer to stay here. The Venetian location is just perfect!! it is in the middle of the strip, so you have acces to almost everything with a litlle walk. This is a beautiful property in everyway!! Don't let other people bad experience influence you when you make your decision whether you should stay here or not! I am sure The Venetian took care of them!!! If you are coming to Vegas, check prices from everywhere, airlines always have packages with hotels and they are very good, internet special or just add your email address in their website and they wil send you specials. I saw some people think this property is a bit pricey, but believe me it is worth it!!!

Room Tip: I always request a room not to far from elevator since you do a lot of walking in Vegas, I never pay...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our Team Members. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Again, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We hope to host you again and continue to amaze you with our Unmatched Guest Service Standards. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The rooms in the Venetian not only came at a great price, but were very large and comfortable. They are all set up as suites, so there is a full on living room complete with its own tv, a desk, and a full table. While this division is not done with a wall, the areas feel separate and the room was luxurious. It was very clean as well.

The casino floor was not smoky like some of the other ones I visited during my stay. The dealers seemed to be a little cranky, but it was March Madness and some of them were overwhelmed with drunken frat boys, so I don't know that I can blame them.

The best part of staying at the Venetian was the underground connection to the Palazzo. Not only does this mean you have twice the shops and restaurants, it also means a second casino floor. This second one was smaller, with more high end card tables, but the dealers and servers seemed to be more attentive and much friendlier. It was also less busy and chaotic which I appreciated.

The restaurants in the hotel were excellent, especially OTTO, but they were overpriced. Alas, this seems like a Vegas problem and not an issue with venetian. There is defitnitely a range though from fast food to luxurious restaurants in the hotel. The shops also vary on this spectrum as well, which is nice for those of us who cannot afford to shop at Gucci no matter how lucky we get on slots or the tables.

The Venetian is sort of on the end of the strip. But this was never really an issue. All the casinos that were worth visiting Cesears, Mirage, Wynn, Encore, Bellagio, were very walkable. It seemed the further you went down the strip in the opposite direction, the hotels became very run down (with the exception of City Center, which was nice and new, albeit gaudy and overpriced).

The Venetian is a great value for its amentities and serves as a jumping off point for the rest of the strip. Definitely the place to stay on a trip to Vegas. The only reason it doesn't get five stars is because of the overwhelmed, sometimes grumpy staff, and some of the overpriced bars and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank anr2118
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the suggestions you have provided. Please be assured that we do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly. All of us here at The Palazzo look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 9 April 2012

lovely room, good hotel staffs, breakfast amazing with plenty of choice. highly recommend it . I will definitely come back next time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

East Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 9 April 2012

There is nothing I can complain about. The room, amenities, staff, view, shopping--all were wonderful. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 19 April 2012