“Major Quality Drop!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Oxford, Michigan
“Major Quality Drop!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My husband and I have stayed here for a Motorola convention every year since it opened. The first 2 years we were pleased. This year it we noticed a major drop in the quality of the food. The buffet was the worst I have ever tasted, not to mention my assigned server "Maria" was to busy chatting up her friend to ever come back to give me a cup of coffee. I paid 27 dollars for a buffet that served beef brisket loaded with fat, dried out pizza and you only get one cup of coffee :( The service in the casino/gaming area wasn't any better. Every time we gambled, we waited for hours for a waitress to come by. Finally I had to cash out and go hunt down a bar just to get something to drink. The food they served us at the motorola party was even more disgusting and I didn't think that was possible. I was taken back by the attitude in the patisserie, when I asked for the barista to give me a hot sleeve for my coffee. Rolling your eyes at your customer is not exceptional customer service. I work in the service industry, so I fully understand how customers are supposed to be treated. When we 1st stayed here, the rooms were very nice, new crisp sheets, nice towels, etc. This time, the towels looked worn out and the sheets looked so old and dingy and I'm almost postive they were not changed from the last guest, for thre were some sort of crunchy crumb substance in the sheets. As if the last guest ate in bed. Our tech screen never worked, so every day we woke up hoping we were not late for meetings. This experience ruined our stay. We are not sure if we would want tostay here again until some positive changes are made.

Room Tip: The rooms are noisy,you can hear your neighbor slamming drawers, not kept well (dingy linens, never...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Sean M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,426)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed here for part of our honeymoon before moving on to The Grand Canyon. Absolutely loved it - great room, great view, good staff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank caroblond
CT
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I rarely write reviews, but after stay at Aria for a long weekend I was so impressed with the hotel that I had to write one.
1st the hotel service was wonderful...the front desk clerks, concierge, maid service, room service...everyone was very friendly and willing to help with a smile. We noticed a BIG difference in the friendliness when we visited other casinos, not as friendly.
2nd the location of the hotel is great, you can walk to most casinos and also the free monorail located in Crystals is very convenient. There is also a taxi valet right in front of the hotel and we never had to wait more than a minute for a taxi.
3rd UGH the bed!!! Seriously this hotel bed was honestly the most comfortable bed my husband and I have ever slept in. Who goes to Vegas to sleep?? WE DID! The pillows, the sheets, the mattress...and the room was so clean and beautiful that it just made it so comfortable. Also the maid service really did an amazing job when they serviced our room. They even organized all my beauty products for me, just little touches like that stood out to us.
4th the grounds are beautiful and clean! It is obvious the hotel is new...the casino has very good ventilation and you barely noticed the smoking on the casino floor. My husband didn’t even notice that you could smoke until we saw ashtrays on some of the tables. The outdoor pool and grounds is very well taken care of and has a great setup. There are I think 3 pools all situated so each one feels separate from the other. Also there are hidden Jacuzzis...very tropical feeling outside.
5th the restaurants and amenities at the hotel…you never have to leave Aria. There are so many restaurants, bars, and lounges that you just don’t have enough time to fit them all in. We dined at Sage our 1st night and very much enjoyed it. They have great drinks and the décor is very nice. Also there is the Jean Philippe pastry shop on casino level that has delicious pastries and sandwiches. We also ate at the buffet one morning and we were pleasantly surprised by the selection and quality of the food. The service here was nice, but I would say definitely not very attentive…although you are at a buffet so you can’t expect too much.
I wouldn't say the hotel has a stand out feature...like the Bellagio has the fountains, or the Paris has the Eifel tower...but if you want a clean, friendly, comfortable stay...then I suggest you consider Aria.

Room Tip: I didn't mind the walk that people complain about from our room to the elevators...didn't se...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CtDvy
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Amazing ARIA Resort & Casino. The staff at ARIA are very pleasant make you feel like family. The entire Resort is sparkling clean, delicious food, cocktail drinks, variety casino slots and above all the best Cirque Du Soleil Viva ELVIS, a must see.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Donna7799
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We chose Aria as our hotel for our honeymoon. It was everything and more that we could have asked for. The location is good for us as we didn't mind walking up and down the strip.
The room was so high tech and new! We loved it! We would definitely go back again.

• Stayed February 2012