We stayed at the Palace Station for 3 night. After reading all the reviews, I have to say I was scared out of my mind!
Obviously due to the reviews I avoided the courtyard rooms. I booked the hotel through Expedia, and chose the upgrade to the Luxury Tower rooms. The overall price (including the $16/day resort fee) was really really well priced! The front desk staff was courteous and fast. Though later we did notice there was a huge line up.
The room itself was nicely decorated, clean, and very roomy! Gorgeous bathroom with large shower. The king size bed was very comfortable. The bedding was great and warm. The view from our room was okay. It was of the strip, which at night was fantastic, but we were on the 7th floor, which meant we had this big box on top of the parkade in our view. So maybe request a room on about the 10th floor or higher. And the strip view is worth it.
We utilized room service, and it was fast, delicious, and great friendly service.
We tried the casino a few times, with no luck :(
Ate at the Grand Cafe, which had decently priced, yummy food.
On the last day, we requested a late checkout at the last minute, realizing how long away we were from our flight. They kindly gave us a 1pm checkout.
The shuttle to the strip was incredibly convenient, and didn't take long at all. I would however like to see it run more often, and a bit later. As a cab ride back can be up to $20 depending how traffic is.
My only complaint would be that it's a bit confusing to get around, and the smoke is incredibly overwhelming in the casino. Also at times, it can take forever to call down to the front desk. Maybe some more staff during busy times?
Overall, I would happily recommend this hotel (only tower rooms!) to anyone going to vegas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique hotel & casino designed to evoke the atmosphere of a turn-of-the century train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Ctrip TA, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia and getaroom.com so you can book your Palace Station Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palace Station Hotel Las Vegas
- Palace Station Las Vegas
- Palace Station Hotel And Casino Las Vegas