34 people are viewing this hotel
USD 177
Free cancellation until 25/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.comUSD 177
travelup.comUSD 195
FindHotelUSD 181
44,752 results
All reviews bathroom mirror high roller strip view food court bellagio fountains great location on the strip margaritaville vegas habitat casino gambling las action dealers slots shows monorail
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 June 2006

We are both in our late forties and after reading some of the bad reviews on this site we were wondering what to expect but from the moment we arrived the Flamingo proved to be a great hotel. After previously staying in the Aladdin last year, we decided to stay at the Flamingo for two weeks because of its location and the pool. We were not disappointed. After arriving on Friday from London, we used the checked in facility at the airport which is highly recommended. There was no queue, we asked for a high floor room with a view of the strip which is exactly what we got at no extra cost. We were on the 26th floor overlooking the Bellagio fountains. Check-in took about 10 minutes so we had our keys before arriving at the hotel. The room was larger the Aladdin and had two queen beds, TV/Internet etc. Okay, they can do with a refurbishment as the décor is quite old compared to other hotels but we didn’t go there to stay in the room all day. At least the room and bathroom were clean, the maid service came every day without fail and changed all the linen once a week. The room service was excellent and when we phoned twice for items they arrived within 10 minutes. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The facilities in the hotel and casino were great with several good restaurants including the Tropical Breeze which is open 24/7 with good food and low prices. The swimming pool area has to be one of the best we have experienced and was a major highlight of our holiday, there are three pools set in tropical gardens with water falls, flamingos and other birds. You do have to get there about 7:30am to get a decent place near the pool although there are sun beds still available later in the day. We also found an empty sandy area within the gardens that had about 50 empty sun beds - Paradise. They do play music by the pool throughout the day but this was not too loud. Friday and Saturday is the busiest time with quite a few young people drinking in the pool, generally everyone was just enjoying themselves in the second best pool in Vegas, the Mandalay Bay pool was voted number one because of the wave machine. The Mandalay Bay also has Shark Reef which is worth visiting, real sharks, tropical fish, alligators etc. Concerning nightlife, Studio 54 in the MGM was great at the weekend, Club Rio at the Rio Suites and Tangerine at the Treasure Island were not that good. The best nightclub by far was TAO at the Venetian, the interior in this hotel is spectacular and the TAO night club which only opened three months ago has fantastic décor, dance floors, restaurant and was really buzzing. If you’re tempted to check out the Ghost Bar on the 55th floor of the Palms you might be disappointed as the size of the glass floor section is only 3 x 2 foot although the outdoor area has spectacular views over the strip and surrounding area. One tip, if you want to visit any nightclubs, try to get free tickets from the guys near the Paris hotel, we tipped them and they gave us free VIP tickets for as many people and nightclubs as we wanted, this saved us over $150.00. We highly recommend the Flamingo for price, service, location, accommodation and facilities and all being well certainly intend going back there next year.

31  Thank Experience28578
Reviewed 20 June 2006

I stayed at the Flamingo just after Memorial Day weekend. I stayed in a King room by myself after my Mother left Las Vegas. I had 2 nights comped through the Total Rewards so I wasn't expecting much. We had stayed in a Suite at the Mirage the previous 2 nights and the room at the Flamingo was just O.K. It was clean with a King bed, couch, desk, and television. The thing I hated about the room was the bathroom. It was tiny. You couldn't sit on the toilet and close the door. The shower was just O.K. but the bathroom was just too small.

Bugsy's bar was fun and so was the 2nd City Lounge. The bartenders were very nice and they always were checking to make sure you had a drink. I went to the salon and had my hair highlighted and a blowdry and the bill was $150. That is standard for highlights but the blowdry was $42.50 and my hair is very short. I ate at Venturo which is their Italian restaurant and it was pretty good. The prices were very reasonable. It was only 14$-20$ for an entree' and the salads were about $7. I ate there by myself and the bill with tax and tip was about $25-$30. I had the Caesar salad and Lasagna and I couldn't eat 3/4 of the Lasagna after the salad. The service was very good and I sat on the patio in a small table right in the front of the restaurant. The patio is inside.

I won $268 on the .25 Wheel of Fortune and $100 on the $1 Wheel of Fortune. However, on the day I was there in the 2nd City Lounge I saw 2 jackpot winners right by the Lounge. One guy won $1,800 on a $1 machine, and another guy won $2,000 on a Blazing 7's machine.

Overall, if you're not looking for much in a room the Flamingo is a nice property. I wouldn't have paid to stay there but I only spent $500 in the 2 days I was there and that included gambling. One more note, the Flamingo has 3 banks of elevators. I was down a hall from the Lobby and the walk to the room was'nt too bad.

7  Thank Venture29943
Reviewed 19 June 2006

I will start with saying that my husband and I still love the Flamingo, and will probably continue to stay here. We come every year over Memorial Day weekend, and I usually come one or two more times a year on a girls trip.
If you have stayed here over the years, you will notice the little changes. Most of them not for the better.
I will start with the pool. It is still one of the best pools on the strip. Good drink prices compared to the other hotels with nice pools. Happy Hour every day starting at 4:00 is a great deal. Be prepared for the crowds. Holidays and weekends are always, always packed. You will have to stand in line by 8:00 a.m. to get a good chair. I can not speak for mid week on how the crowds are. The music/DJ was a great addition. The change for the worse: the weekend we were there, there was NO security and they were letting anyone off the street into the pool. The craziest thing I had ever heard of. I asked the bartender why no security, and his reply was that the management wanted more people. More people?!? Where in the world were they going to put them?!? One of the main reasons we stay here is for the pool. It should be for hotel guests ONLY. (like every other hotel on the strip)
The location of the Flamingo is the best. Mid strip, large popular hotels all around, and the bus stop right in front of the hotel. I also love the fact that the entrance is right at the sidewalk. No long walk or escalator just to get into the lobby.
The rooms are large and well maintained, bathrooms are small (so what), and the views, depending on which side you are on, are great. Pool or strip are both beautiful. I have never had an issue with cleaning staff, and we tip average to a little above average. Very nice and always timely. The grounds by the pool are a great escape from all the action, if needed.
Now the down side. Sorry management, but you are the reason why the slight dip in ratings. The reason it seems like I am speaking the them, is because they do read these. I will tell you why.
I ended up with food poisoning from Harrah's buffet. We went late. I will never do that again. You really don't know how long the food is sitting there. That was one of the first questions that the Doctors at the clinic, AND the hospital asked. It was that bad that I spent time in the hospital. I had to change my flight home and Southwest Air was beyond helpful. They actually felt bad over the phone, and changed our flight day and time without charge. It can happen to anyone, anywhere. That is not what I was upset about. Flamingo on the other hand, did not care at all. Luckily I had booked the room to spend the night originally because we were flying out very late, and they NEVER give you late check out. The room was comped, so we were just going to check out. Good thing, because after my hospital stay, I was still was not able to really do anything and we had a place to sleep. The next day our flight was not until 4:00 p.m., and I called down to the front desk to see if I could stay in the room until 2:00. Absolutely not. The front desk manager was rude beyond belief. Even after I told her I had been in the hospital and still could barely walk, she didn't care. Didn't even offer us to stay in an empty room until we had to go. On top of hit, the day before when I couldn't even walk to get to the cab to go to the clinic/hospital, Flamingo charged me for the wheelchair!! $10 for a guy to bring one up to me. I did insist when I was on the phone with the rude manager to reverse the charge, and she did.
I recently read a review for Barbary Coast where a few people in their party got really sick, and they were very surprised and pleased how the management checked on them and took care of them. Not a Harrah's property. I sent an e-mail thru their web sight that I wanted someone to contact me regarding my latest visit. No reply for days. Not until I told them I was getting ready to write my review on TripAdvisor did they call me...within hours. Their answer is to have security call to fill out a report. I kept asking where would that lead to and what is the report for, and she never really answered me.
A few things would have made my review more positive. An apology for the rude manager, maybe one of the other nights comped, and most of all, put my reward credits back in my account for that buffet! I would have been happy with any of the above. And for someone to act like they cared if we ever came back
I assume this is how Harrah's runs all of their resorts in Vegas. If you check out where the ratings are for Harrah's, Rio and now the Flamingo, the are all getting pretty low. Flamingo used to be in the high 30's ( I always thought they deserved to be in the 20's), and now they are slipping into the 40's....heading towards Harrah's and the Rio's low ratings.
I will return here and have already booked my return trip for this October. I will be hoping for an improvement in their service and attitude. As I stated, the Flamingo is our favorite place. It's the best value on the strip, for location, price and the pool. But they really need to do a management overhaul or invest in training classes for service. In all fairness, I will write another review if I am contacted.
Thank you for reading.

Date of stay: May 2006
32  Thank ssflynn
Reviewed 19 June 2006

The Flamingo was well situated for our first visit to the strip...we spent three days on the fourth floor and our room was clean and reasonably furnished. View not so good. Came back for last night to 19th floor, much better view! Big ciriticism that unlike other hotels there was no coffee maker and you do not want room service for this! The pool area was nice but spoilt by the area being littered with bottles, plates etc that were not cleared regularly Also the quiet pool was dominated by the music for the young people and the boom was irritating as was the constantly blown whistle for the slides...not a place for a quiet sunbathe or read. The buffet and breakfast were very good, some staff excellent others could not always be understood. However overall good value and would stay again.

19  Thank Odyssey11839
Reviewed 16 June 2006

We saw all sorts of reviews on the net before we visited last week, which was confusing. What solved it for us was that the Flamingo was in the center of where we wanted to be and we could walk or take the bus. From the moment we got there to when we left--we were well taken care of. Our room on the 14th floor was nonsmoking, king sized comfortable bed, right around the corner from the elevators and extremely quiet. When we found out that they elevators were nearby we worrid that we might have to change rooms, but that just wasn't the case. Even the housekeepers were quiet in the halls. This was our first time and we decided that even tho we could afford to stay in some of the mega hotels that we would stay at a hotel with a reasonable rate since we didn't plan to be in it very much, and spend our $$ on top notch shows. The plan worked great. Because I'm a personal chef we are picky about our food but could not find fault with any of the meals that we ate in the Flamingo including their highline steak house! I was completely surprised by the quantity and quality of the food and desserts in the buffet which was only $18.99! And they had a non smoking section. Yes, there was smoke in the casinos but it is almost everywhere you go, except in the finer dining places and we knew in advance that it would be there. We loved the 24 hour bus passes that you can get for $5.00 and we used them every day. The walkover bridges and escalators are also great for getting across the street safely. We are looking forward to our next trip, more shows, the same hotel and the same room and the truly friendly people!

18  Thank GlobeTrotting16641