There are a lot of negative reviews here so my expectations were low. But the price was right (just over $100/night) and no resort fees. I was perfectly satisfied with our stay here.
The location is perfect. We were able to see a lot of the strip just by walking from the hotel. We didn't wait very long to check in and had no problem finding our room.
We didn't pay extra for a "Go" room, nor did we make a specific view request. We ended up with a terrific view of Caesar's across the street. The bathroom was tiny but there was plenty of hot water and great water pressure in the shower. They provided soap, shampoo/conditioner, lotion, and a hairdryer. There's a safe in the closet. Also, a mini-fridge appeared in our room partway through our stay--don't know why as we didn't request it. The faucet kept dripping but that was the only negative. They charge a ridiculous price for internet each day ($13.99). On the other hand, I really appreciated that I got to CHOOSE whether to buy internet rather than being forced to through a "resort fee." We ended up not getting internet so can't report how well (or not) it works.
Overall, the hotel is pretty "average." It smells smoky in the casino, which they try to cover with some kind of terrible fragrance (it smells like a taxicab air freshener). Other hotels we walked through seemed to have better ventilation for the smoke and better "cover-up" smells as well.
Our rooms included $9/pp breakfast credits at the two coffee stands. That covered enough for coffee and a pastry in the mornings. We also ate breakfast one morning in the restaurant, which was actually delicious (and huge), if expensive (average $10.99/meal).
I feel like we got what we paid for--a well-located hotel right in the middle of the Las Vegas action.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Otel, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Hotelopia so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino